DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 horizontal level issue

EC3D19934

Reactions
Good day everyone!! I have a question and I am hoping someone can shed some light on what this issue is. I have noticed that my MINI 2's horizontal level is off by a couple of degrees and it is noticeable when I am photographing properties. I have attached 3 images of screenshots showing this irregularity. I have gone into the settings and recentered the gimbal, but this still ensues. The drone hasn't been crashed, so that is ruled out as a possibility and I am ever so careful when I place the camera cover back on when going back into the hard case.

Any thoughts before I contact DJI and escalate this to them?

Thanks,

Larry

Drone horizon 1.jpgDrone horizon 1.jpgDrone horizon 2.jpgDrone horizon 3.jpg

There is a "recalibrate the gimbal" function in the app, you could try that. From memory the centre the gimbal thing is different.
There is also a manual adjustment available of +-10? deg. I do not know if it sticks and remains in effect across a switch off/on, you'd need to check.
It would be a pain if it does not stick but it might be a work around.

As a last resort and clutching at straws, I suppose you could recalibrate the IMU but I don't know if that will do anything useful.

Last edited:
There's a "Re-center gimbal" option in the menu that I've seen, but never used. Probably harmless to try it.

I've never seen this on any of my Mini-2s, but the used Mini-1 I just got seemed to have the horizon a bit non-level initially. But after I buzzed around for a while, the gimbal seemed to "limber up" and work fine.

When everything is off and at rest on the Mini-1, the gimbal does sit at an odd angle. I may try the re-center command for that one, and see if it makes any difference.

Thx,

MM

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu