DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Minor Crash

dart106

Premium Pilot
Reactions
This morning, my Min 2 made soft contact with a wall and fell approximately 2-3 feet. Luckily, nothing broken but, I noticed on a subsequent flight the camera view was jittery. I landed it it, shut down, and examined the camera. At first, didn’t notice anything wrong. So, I did a gimbal recalibration. The progress bar wouldn’t go past 80%. Looking closer, I notice the gimbal assembly was forward of its normal position. I could see where the two plastic arms of the gimbal should rest in some small foam pieces attached to the inner body of the drone. It’s a very small area and it’s hard to determine how the plastic gimbal arms show be reconfigured. Any “been there done that” ideas? Thanks in advance.

Reactions: PeterPatrick
the gimbal carrier is connected to the drone's body via 4 damper rubbers. The rearmost two are easily accessible, fit through holes in the body and point towards one another from the perspective of the gimbal carrier arms.
Have a look at the thread Mini2 crash and the gimble
and the photos posted by PhiliusFoggg/deleted-member-103366

Last edited:
the gimbal carrier is connected to the drone's body via 4 damper rubbers. The rearmost two are easily accessible, fit through holes in the body and point towards one another from the perspective of the gimbal carrier arms.
Have a look at the thread Mini2 crash and the gimble
and the photos posted by PhiliusFoggg/deleted-member-103388
Thanks! Good info to go forward with.

So, after watching the recommended video, I managed to reattach one of the gimbal dampers with a pair of tweezers from the front. While attempting the same on the other side, I noticed a tear in the rubber and was hesitant to continue pulling on it for fear of destroying it but, managed to dislodge it from the arm mounting hole.

This morning, found replacement rubber dampers on Amazon (amazing the stuff that can be found there) and will have them tomorrow. Question is, should I attempt to replace from the open front area or take the body apart for different access? Any suggestions or techniques to offer?

Attachments

• A8604FE8-8991-494A-9234-B5BD7800B4D4.jpeg
    A8604FE8-8991-494A-9234-B5BD7800B4D4.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 5
I would be inclined to take the top shell off, it's tricky to refit the front ones with the drone assembled but fairly simply with the top shell off.
The damper rubbers DO have holes in them, 2, where they go over the gimbal-frame arms, the holes mate with tiny spigots in the recesses on those gimbal-frame arms.
The only work round I can think of, that might work, is to tie a loop in some strong thread then secure that loop in the groove of the damper rubber that locates the damper rubber in/around the hole in the drone's body. Then feed the other end of the thread through the hole in the drone's body and pull the damper rubber through the hole in the drone's body.

New damper rubbers seem to have a lead in that is cut off when the damper rubber has been fitted.

The damper rubbers are or were readily available on ebay too.

Reactions: dart106
I would be inclined to take the top shell off, it's tricky to refit the front ones with the drone assembled but fairly simply with the top shell off.
The damper rubbers DO have holes in them, 2, where they go over the gimbal-frame arms, the holes mate with tiny spigots in the recesses on those gimbal-frame arms.
The only work round I can think of, that might work, is to tie a loop in some strong thread then secure that loop in the groove of the damper rubber that locates the damper rubber in/around the hole in the drone's body. Then feed the other end of the thread through the hole in the drone's body and pull the damper rubber through the hole in the drone's body.

New damper rubbers seem to have a lead in that is cut off when the damper rubber has been fitted.

The damper rubbers are or were readily available on ebay too.
Thanks! I’ll take the top shell off to continue when I get the dampers.

When taking the top off be patient and work your way around. Watch multiple youtubes etc. to get your own idea of how to best do it, check to see what catches/latches the youtubers break in the process.

Reactions: dart106
When taking the top off be patient and work your way around. Watch multiple youtubes etc. to get your own idea of how to best do it, check to see what catches/latches the youtubers break in the process.
Absolutely! I’d rather not create my own lessons learned. Appreciate the heads up. 👍

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000