DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 ND Filters

nathankw

Reactions
Does anyone know if filters designed for the Mini 1 will also fit on the Mini 2?
And has anyone tried using them on the MM2? Does it improve quality in bright daylight?

I much prefer the look of a 180 degree shutter so tempted to get some filters.

Reactions: CLAYB.7
Thanks for clarifying.
Next question - is it better to get straight NDs or the polarising version?
I guess the ideal would be to have both but if I just want to get one set which is the better option.

I know PL filters can give darker skies and reduced glare, but of course we're not able to rotate them in use so I wonder if the end up (sometimes) doing more harm than good?

Thanks for clarifying.
Next question - is it better to get straight NDs or the polarising version?
I guess the ideal would be to have both but if I just want to get one set which is the better option.

I know PL filters can give darker skies and reduced glare, but of course we're not able to rotate them in use so I wonder if the end up (sometimes) doing more harm than good?
Straight ND filters. Polarization will net different results based off your position, the sun, and the target.

I just got my UV filter yesterday and it works absolutely great I was worried to but took the chance that it would work out ok with it fitting my MINI 2 and it fits great I got it from AMAZON for $15.00 (PGYTECH)-UV FILTER-(PROFESSIONAL) I hope it all works out for you. God Bless! Sincerely Clay B.
20210421_142754.jpg

Reactions: MilosB
I just got my UV filter yesterday and it works absolutely great I was worried to but took the chance that it would work out ok with it fitting my MINI 2 and it fits great I got it from AMAZON for $15.00 (PGYTECH)-UV FILTER-(PROFESSIONAL) I hope it all works out for you. God Bless! Sincerely Clay B.
View attachment 127828
That's great! ?

View attachment 127828
"UV / Protective Filters. Let's get UV filters out of the way – indeed, unless you are using a film camera, they are completely useless for the task of blocking UV. That's already done by your sensor filter stack, which contains a UV blocking filter."

"UV / Protective Filters. Let's get UV filters out of the way – indeed, unless you are using a film camera, they are completely useless for the task of blocking UV. That's already done by your sensor filter stack, which contains a UV blocking filter."

Hey Brother I appreciate the link man I wish I would have known that before I went and spent $15.00 on something I already had LOL HA HA HA HA HA HA oh well you live and you learn but that is a Great link Thanks again and God Bless! Sincerely Clay B.

Hey Brother I appreciate the link man I wish I would have known that before I went and spent $15.00 on something I already had LOL HA HA HA HA HA HA oh well you live and you learn but that is a Great link Thanks again and God Bless! Sincerely Clay B.
No worries! Just be glad you didn't spend more or buy extras!

Another filter that's almost pointless on a drone would be a CPL, as you have to physically rotate it to get it to work. ND filters on the other hand can be very handy to reduce your shutter speed on a bright day and get some motion blur to your video.

One thing UV Filters can do given they don't degrade the images, it protect the camera lens itself from damage, even on my SLR I keep a UV Lens on just to protect it from scratching, I'd rather have something hit the filter & scratch that then hit the camera and scratch the lens.

One thing UV Filters can do given they don't degrade the images, it protect the camera lens itself from damage, even on my SLR I keep a UV Lens on just to protect it from scratching, I'd rather have something hit the filter & scratch that then hit the camera and scratch the lens.
Me too. As you say it's much cheaper to replace a scratched UV filter than having an expensive lens ruined.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev