DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 - Operating Temperature

dig81

Reactions
I've read about operating temperatures and I apologize if I missed it in another thread, but since Mini 2 is a recent release by DJI this figures to be a fair thread post -- has anyone tested the operating temperature limits that DJI states for the Mini 2?

And I don't want to push this to the extreme, but for example it's -5C here today in North-Eastern Ontario and I wanted to do a quick flight over my house to get more acquainted with the new drone. Aiming for a flight time of about 5-10 minutes and at an altitude of about 60-120 metres at most. Am I being TOO cautious?

I've only had one day above zero since I bought the M2. So far the coldest it's been was -10 (windchill -14, but that only affects your skin, not the drone) I sit in my car with the heat on (love occusync) Flight time will be drastically reduced 15-20, or less in sport mode. After a minute or two I get temperature warning from the drone, but it flies fine. Do not start off with cold batteries though - should be around room temp to start. Stay close to home point just in case, no long distance. Always better to be too cautious than not enough, probably a rule I should follow myself but...

main things to remember are reduced flight time ,possible icing of props and what the cold will do to you if you are exposed to it for to long,and it can also affect the screen device as well

That's the unfortunate part of living in Canada. I have a Mini 2 being delivered tomorrow, and hoping the temperatures here in Ottawa stay on the warmer side. So far so good. :)

Reactions: P3Dr0
I've only had one day above zero since I bought the M2. So far the coldest it's been was -10 (windchill -14, but that only affects your skin, not the drone) I sit in my car with the heat on (love occusync) Flight time will be drastically reduced 15-20, or less in sport mode. After a minute or two I get temperature warning from the drone, but it flies fine. Do not start off with cold batteries though - should be around room temp to start. Stay close to home point just in case, no long distance. Always better to be too cautious than not enough, probably a rule I should follow myself but...
M2 or MM2? OP is asking about the MM2, and referring to the M2 could be an unfair comparison.

Reactions: dylw33d204
Took out my Mini 2 over the St. Lawrence river at -7 deg C. in a 15 km/h brisk breeze (took it to film and photograph a container ship - see image). No issues at all. FWIW I used to take out my Mavic Pro down to - 15 deg C. Love this little beast! 1A7871DB-C11B-41BB-83B8-3E300B7E3607.jpeg

I've read about operating temperatures and I apologize if I missed it in another thread, but since Mini 2 is a recent release by DJI this figures to be a fair thread post -- has anyone tested the operating temperature limits that DJI states for the Mini 2?

And I don't want to push this to the extreme, but for example it's -5C here today in North-Eastern Ontario and I wanted to do a quick flight over my house to get more acquainted with the new drone. Aiming for a flight time of about 5-10 minutes and at an altitude of about 60-120 metres at most. Am I being TOO cautious?
Check out my video of a Mavic mini in -15c in Canada

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser