DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 powerbank charger

That is due to differences in the shape of the battery.
However you CAN use MM batteries in the Mini 2 so the relative dimensions relating to the connector must be the same and the pin outs must be the same.
The concern might be voltages and whether the little cuboid thing contains any voltage limiters. From memory MM batteries are 8.4V whereas Mini 2 are 8.7V thus the thing might not fully charge Mini 2 batteries.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MGVision
That is due to differences in the shape of the battery.
However you CAN use MM batteries in the Mini 2 so the relative dimensions relating to the connector must be the same and the pin outs must be the same.
The concern might be voltages and whether the little cuboid thing contains any voltage limiters. From memory MM batteries are 8.4V whereas Mini 2 are 8.7V thus the thing might not fully charge Mini 2 batteries.
You are correct PhiliusFoggg. I kept a MM car charger for use with my new Mini 2 but it slightly undercharges the Mini 2 batterie (as you say 8.4v vs 8.7v) so I only use it in emergencies eg. if I need to charge a battery on route to a flying site etc.

Thanks, so it comes down to whether or not the "thing" possesses voltage limiters.
That said would a normal car cigarette lighter USB adapter not 'drive' the normal DJI 3 battery charger hubs for the MM and Mini 2?
It's what I will be banking on if we ever get out of lockdown.

Will this mavic mini powerbank charger work with new mini 2 batteries? Someone tried it?
Yes... BUT....
The power bank isn't the issue, but the adapter that you have pictured attached to the (Mini 1) battery. The setup will fit a Mini 2 battery and charge it MOST of the way to a full charge. If I recall, this system shuts off the charge at 1600 mAh but the battery itself is designed to hold a 2250 mAh charge. It is a LiPo battery whereas the Mini 1 battery is Lithium ION though theoretically having larger capacity of 2400 mAh, but has a lower voltage of 7.2v while the Mini 2 battery rates at 7.7v and thus has a different charging requirement.

FWIW I have two of the adapters as shown in your illustration and a Kweisi meter so I have actually measured the charge to the Mini 2 batter with the adapter. The charge did in fact stop at 1599 mAhn with a QC 3.0 wall block, though not with a battery pack, though I believe there would be little difference except perhaps the time a charge would take. If in a hurry I think it's a pretty good way to get an extra Mini 2 battery mostly charged, which can be topped off in the drone itself or with an appropriate battery bank.

Good catch! I haven't tried this updated one nor needed it, but I'm sure they just modified the internals of the older one for the Mini 2's LiPo batteries. I have two of the previous version for my Mini 1 because I didn't buy the fly more kit so didn't have their charger. They will partially charge the Mini 2 batteries, but as it says, you can't use the updated one with the Mini 1 batteries. The advantage of these over the DJI charging bank that comes with the fly more kit is that the batteries charge simultaneously if you have enough charging blocks or ports to accommodate them. The new ones are also QC 3.0.

While the charging hub that comes with the Mini 2 fly more kit is convenient, if charging speed is ever an issue one could get one of these adapters and a wall block, put one in the hub, one in the drone and charge one with the adapter, assuming you had enough charging blocks. You'd get all three charged in 80 minutes rather than 4 hours.

Good catch! I haven't tried this updated one nor needed it, but I'm sure they just modified the internals of the older one for the Mini 2's LiPo batteries. I have two of the previous version for my Mini 1 because I didn't buy the fly more kit so didn't have their charger. They will partially charge the Mini 2 batteries, but as it says, you can't use the updated one with the Mini 1 batteries. The advantage of these over the DJI charging bank that comes with the fly more kit is that the batteries charge simultaneously if you have enough charging blocks or ports to accommodate them. The new ones are also QC 3.0.

While the charging hub that comes with the Mini 2 fly more kit is convenient, if charging speed is ever an issue one could get one of these adapters and a wall block, put one in the hub, one in the drone and charge one with the adapter, assuming you had enough charging blocks. You'd get all three charged in 80 minutes rather than 4 hours.
I got anker powerbank with 3 output usb slots so it would be great to charge 3 batteries simultaneously through powerbank.
It is well better option than charging hub from fly more combo. Look at how small those charging adapers are. And mini 2 is all about portablity and fast to fly.

Attachments

• 2D851B94-6F7F-4E59-A6CF-2DFE83A1D119.jpeg
    2D851B94-6F7F-4E59-A6CF-2DFE83A1D119.jpeg
    381.8 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: MGVision
I have a YX Mini 2 charger on route from Alixpress, I had the Mini 1 version with issue. Will update when it arrives

I saw this one. It is nice cuz it can be used as powerbank cuz it have output and input. On the other hand it is bigger then this US $10.79 10% OFF|YX dla DJI Mavic Mini 2 QC3.0 szybka ładowarka USB ładowanie z typem C ładowarka kablowa dla Mavic Mini 2 akcesoria do dronów|Ładowarki akumulatorów do dronów| - AliExpress
Anyway looking for your review. Let me know cuz i am also itrested

Last edited:
So I’ve received this small charger for the Mini 2, I’m very impressed. Firstly you can plug it into the battery unpowered and it displays the battery voltage for a short time. Secondly there’s a usb outlet on the side which allows you to discharge the connectEd Battery in the same way as the combo hub.

the only negative is it’s connection is not very stable with the battery, however this can be resolved by making a adhesive tape strap to slide and retain the battery.

97D3A400-B6B0-42FF-9A5F-9D026E73C96B.jpeg

Right. These are an adaptation of the chargers that were available for Mini 1, now modified to charge LiPo batteries. I have two of the older ones for the Mini 1 and will charge the Mini 2 batteries up to 1600 mah... not quite full, but give the DJI serial charger a jump start on topping them off when needed. I didn't have a DJI charging bank for my Mini 1 and the old ones worked fine as long as you were careful to make sure the battery was seated properly and wouldn't be moved for the above stated issue of staying in place.

While not related to the charger or directly to this thread, I would like to remind everyone that you can in fact charge batteries while in the Mini2 through the USB-c port. n So if you have at least two wall chargers you can put at least 2 batteries on charge essentially in parallel. But the aforementioned charger is an excellent and cheap way to have fast, portable charging capability.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaVVT