DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 stops flying forward when remote moves

Grunt19

Reactions
The other day I was in my boat and wanted the drone to follow me but everytime I started to move the boat the drone would stop flying forward shortly after.

First time I have tried to fly this way but is there a trick to it ?

Taking a guess here. Possibly the Mini reached the MAX distance from Home Point that it established at takeoff. You can go into the settings where you set MAX Altitude etc. and set your MAX Distance to Unlimited or to a distance you want to keep the flight within.
On your navigation map (lower left), zoom out to see the current limit/boundary radius displayed on the map. I find that very useful and set and check my max distance for each flight when the nice lady says "the HP has been set".

Since, as far as I know, the mini 2 doesn't have tracking as such, I am curious too know how are you getting the drone to follow you? I have seen it mentioned that some other flight options can "sort of" make it track you and tracking might be available if you are using Litchi but I'd need to look to be sure of that.

Reactions: MS Coast
Since, as far as I know, the mini 2 doesn't have tracking as such, I am curious too know how are you getting the drone to follow you? I have seen it mentioned that some other flight options can "sort of" make it track you and tracking might be available if you are using Litchi but I'd need to look to be sure of that.
I am manually flying behind the boat. I watched a few videos onnthe Litchi software but got mixed reviews.

Taking a guess here. Possibly the Mini reached the MAX distance from Home Point that it established at takeoff. You can go into the settings where you set MAX Altitude etc. and set your MAX Distance to Unlimited or to a distance you want to keep the flight within.
On your navigation map (lower left), zoom out to see the current limit/boundary radius displayed on the map. I find that very useful and set and check my max distance for each flight when the nice lady says "the HP has been set".
I will try that tomorrow and see if that works. Thank you.

I am manually flying behind the boat. I watched a few videos onnthe Litchi software but got mixed reviews.
Ok that begs the question, are you inadvertently releasing the elevator/forward-stick?
I suggest you post a flight log. Have a look at the instructions on DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help and upload the .txt flightlog to there then post the resulting URL here.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claybird