DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 strong wind warning.

Generally speaking, wind gets stronger as you climb. Install UAV Forecast and check the winds at altitude, it might surprise you.
But isn't UAV just a forecast and not real time data? I know it is not accurate all the time where I live.

But isn't UAV just a forecast and not real time data? I know it is not accurate all the time where I live.
It cannot possibly cover every square kilometer across the globe, there's also 'micro climate' zones depending where you are. I use it as rough indication, the general wind direction is usually fairly accurate. My best real time 'windicator' remains studying the tallest tree tops around before take-off.
I find the Mini 2's less paranoid than the Mini, the Mini went through a phase where I decided against ANY trust in DJI's badly worded 'wind warning' gimmick. It later somehow improved on the Mini, I'm not certain if it was because of firmware update or IMU calibration.

:oops:Lowering altitude is always the first thing to do if fighting a strong headwind.
Dropping from 400 ft to 100 or less should have a significant positive impact.
Winds up high are usually stronger than close to the ground.
I was out over the ocean at about 20 feet above the water
Going lower just did not seem like a good idea
:rolleyes:

• Wow
Reactions: Captain Spock
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member