DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 - Video problem

EXVASP

Reactions
Note the flaw in the images below.

I have already disabled the cache in the dji app and even then this problem happens randomly from time to time.

Has anyone had this kind of problem and managed to solve it?

1665076155661.png

1665076280146.png
1665076297241.png

Hello EXVASP. I have experienced this as well. Alas, I have no satisfactory solution. I have not posted a query only because I'm pretty busy, figuring I'd get to it eventually when it happens again, and fortunately, the issue did not affect the actual videos. It only appeared on the phone screen. I've only had my Mini 2 for 3 months (got it July 1st). I haven't flown very frequently. I've never seen anyone else report this issue, so with mixed feelings, I'm glad to hear about your experience.

My experience: I apologize for vague details
I've noticed it twice, back in late July-early August. It seemed random, and as I was returning from pretty short flights, no more than 5-7 minutes.
Galaxy S20 5G phone
DJI Fly app - not sure which version, maybe 1.6.8 or 1.6.10, really not sure. I'm currently at 1.7.4
I'm pretty sure I was using the 1080 setting. (I've used 4K only 4 times out of 16 flights so I'm guessing it probably did not happen during those 4 flights)
The issue did not show on the actual videos, just the phone screen.
The 2nd time I saw this, I decided to see what would happen if I hit the Fn button to flip the camera looking straight down and back up. Aha! The image cleared up and I could resume flying and recording without the screen image issue, as I returned home.

Well, that's it. Wish I had a firm solution for ya.
Lets see who else might have anything to offer.

Reactions: EXVASP
That looks suspiciously like an SD card problem. Change cards for a known good one. Be especially aware of the high data rate requirements of 4K video.

*EDIT* on re-reading the OP, I noted that he said it didn't affect the recorded video. That eliminates the SD card as the problem. As others have posted, it's more than likely an aircraft-to phone issue.

Last edited:
I get this quite often, definitely not an SD card issue since the recorded video is fine. Phone platform does not seem to matter whether it's Apple or Android. I suspect the video feed to the phone lags and the codec is filling in missing data. Seems to happen more on busy scenes, rarely on simple scenes such as an Ocean. The problem usually clears up in a short time and I just keep recording and flying.

Cheers!

Reactions: Honk and EXVASP
I see this problem with some regularity.

When it happens, I rotate the aircraft until the distortion moves out of the field of view. When I then rotate the aircraft back to the original orientation, the screen is clear again. It's not a real fix, but it does solve the problem in the moment, in the air.

That behavior makes me think it's a processing issue, rather than a transmission issue.

I use a Samsung Galaxy S20 Note.

I found if I switch to the home page of the DJI Fly app (and probably in which app you are using) and then quickly switch back to camera view it clears the artifacts without having to stop recording.

Reactions: EXVASP
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos