DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 vs the Mavic 2 Pro

I own both so I was just curious how the Mini 2 matched up against the Mavic 2 Pro at a third of the price. It's obviously no comparison on paper or in practice, but let's just say I'm even more impressed with the Mini 2 after doing this.
I own 3 of them, the Mavic Pro 1, Mavic Pro Zoom 2 and a Mavic Mini! I just recorded a Video in 25MPH Winds and that Mavic Pro was flying almost sideways to make that Video! I wouldn’t trust that Mavic Mini to do that!

Last edited:
I own 3 of them, the Mavic Pro 1, Mavic Pro Zoom 2 and a Mavic Mini! I just recorded a Video in 25MPH Winds and that Mavic Pro was flying almost sideways to make that Video! I wouldn’t trust that Mavic Mini to do that!
Also I forgot to add the fact that the Bird was tilted at about 45° to make that Video!

I think the biggest difference you will find is in still shots (which is mainly what I do). The larger the sensor, the better the quality.

Reactions: Gadget Inspector
spot on mate no match in the wind

I own both so I was just curious how the Mini 2 matched up against the Mavic 2 Pro at a third of the price. It's obviously no comparison on paper or in practice, but let's just say I'm even more impressed with the Mini 2 after doing this.
Nice Video comparison, I still prefer my M2P, but I must admit that the Mini has a nice FOV ?

I too own both Mavic 2 models and a Mini 2. In all fairness I will point out the Mini 2 is light years ahead in it’s ability to handle wind compared with the original Mini. Obviously yes, you reach a point where you’ll have to take the Mavic 2 once the wind gets up over 40kph but I’m not flying anything by that point, I’m at home with a cup of hot chocolate unless a customer is paying me and then I’m going to be flying something bigger than a Mavic 2 anyway.

Regards

Ari

There is no comparison M2P has higher capabilities in every aspect. But if you are in Canada and do not plan on getting license MM2 is much more capable because it is the only legal choice.

1. Fair footage comparison would need to be done on 4k monitor on original files, hands down M2P kills MM2.
2. YT process the video from original 100Mbit to 8-15Mbit that’s almost 10 times less information from original footage, any visible difference will be impossible to spot, except superior low light quality of M2P.
3. Low light or high contrast, not ideal conditions that’s where M2P will excel.
4. Color grading is always done in post.

Pick the right tools for the job, learn how to fly and you will have great results, there is no better or worst.
I always use simple example: Is bigger or smaller hammer ”better” for me to built?

Everyone will realize it is loaded question without more context.

This is all too familiar.. LOL

When I inhabited a photography forum you would get the same comparisons.. a £500 camera versus a £2000 camera. Well they both took the same photo!

It's never that simple???

don't they both shoot RAW then?
Yes. The Mini 2 is able to shoot in RAW

At the heart of the camera onboard the Mavic Mini 2 is a 1/2.3-inch sensor that can capture 12-megapixel photos and 4K/30p video at 100Mbps. In addition to the new 4K video capabilities, the Mavic Mini 2 can also capture Raw photos—something the Mavic Mini wasn’t capable of. When shooting video in 1080p, users can now zoom in 2x with lossless quality and 4x via digital zoom.

Yes. The Mini 2 is able to shoot in RAW

At the heart of the camera onboard the Mavic Mini 2 is a 1/2.3-inch sensor that can capture 12-megapixel photos and 4K/30p video at 100Mbps. In addition to the new 4K video capabilities, the Mavic Mini 2 can also capture Raw photos—something the Mavic Mini wasn’t capable of. When shooting video in 1080p, users can now zoom in 2x with lossless quality and 4x via digital zoom.
And I don't think the zoom gets talked about enough. It is a really useful feature for getting a closer shot without having to move the drone closer with no loss in resolution.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun