DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 with Ipad mini 4 issue

AmirChar

Reactions
Good afternoon fellow pilots... I purchased the Mini 2 a couple months ago, and with an adapter, my ipad mini 4 worked great. However, recently (not sure if it started after the last update), every time I fly, the video has a huge lag 10-15 seconds and the video is very choppy. I also get a notice in the top left corner of the fly app saying "Mobile Device CPU is fully loaded. Related performance will be affected.". This wasn't happening for the first few weeks I had this, and I was flying a couple times a day. This is a T-Mobile, one, however I fly in airplane mode... I have removed all non essential apps, turned off all background updates. Again, it worked fine without any issues for several weeks. Any suggestions/remediation ideas?

This have been reported a couple times lately ... apparently this started with the latest app version, it seems to be more CPU hungry. Try to downgrade to the version before the present, that have solved it for others.

This have been reported a couple times lately ... apparently this started with the latest app version, it seems to be more CPU hungry. Try to downgrade to the version before the present, that have solved it for others.
where can I find the previous version of the fly app to download for ios?

where can I find the previous version of the fly app to download for ios?
I wasn’t able to roll back on my iPad (mini 4) for same FLY problems with latest update. Rollback works on android though. Had to switch to my iPad 5th gen to fly until they fix the iOS firmware…again. Sucks

Good afternoon fellow pilots... I purchased the Mini 2 a couple months ago, and with an adapter, my ipad mini 4 worked great. However, recently (not sure if it started after the last update), every time I fly, the video has a huge lag 10-15 seconds and the video is very choppy. I also get a notice in the top left corner of the fly app saying "Mobile Device CPU is fully loaded. Related performance will be affected.". This wasn't happening for the first few weeks I had this, and I was flying a couple times a day. This is a T-Mobile, one, however I fly in airplane mode... I have removed all non essential apps, turned off all background updates. Again, it worked fine without any issues for several weeks. Any suggestions/remediation ideas?
The same exact thing happened to me but with a Mavic Air 2. I ended up trading in my mini ipad 4 to apple for a mini ipad 5. They gave me 300.00 dollars credit. Problem solve with the new ipad that has a faster processor.

Reactions: Capt KO
The same exact thing happened to me but with a Mavic Air 2. I ended up trading in my mini ipad 4 to apple for a mini ipad 5. They gave me 300.00 dollars credit. Problem solve with the new ipad that has a faster processor.
Didn’t know that they took trade-ins. Sounds like a good idea. Mine is also an A2 with FLY incompatibility with mini 4.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrose