DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 won’t hover or fly anymore

Bearbie

Reactions
Hey all, I’m new here and in need of some assistance.
I just got my mini about a week ago, over the weekend I was at a state park and was taking some panoramic shots while not paying attention. My drone backed up into a tree and fell about 50-70 ft.

I was with friends and felt really embarrassed so I folded it up and put it away until this evening. I tried taking it out to fly around the backyard, but now it won’t hover. If I try to get it to hover using the button on screen, or by pulling the sticks in on the controller, it just pulls to the right and won’t take off.

tried recalibrating the compass and imu and that didn’t help. Tried changing the propellers- nothing. Batteries- also nothing.

Anyone have some advice for a total noob?

@Bearbie from your description ,the most likely reason is that you have not got the correct props on the correct motors ,if that is not the case ,then there is possible internal damage to the drones control systems due to the impact when it hit the ground

Reactions: ckoerner
Can you explain your comment ‘pulling the sticks in’?

Take-off should be the left stick pushed upward.

Can you explain your comment ‘pulling the sticks in’?

Take-off should be the left stick pushed upward.
He means if you pull both sticks down and to the center it will spool up the motors.... then you can push up the left stick and it should take off. Its the alternate move to pushing the take off button on the screen.

As our sage Old Man Mavic has said..... make sure you have the correct props in the right places. There are two different props...... the correct props need to to be put on the correct arm so if you replaced any after your crash, recheck them. That is the most common reason that a Mini pulls in a direction or flips over on takeoff.

He means if you pull both sticks down and to the center it will spool up the motors.... then you can push up the left stick and it should take off. Its the alternate move to pushing the take off button on the screen.

As our sage Old Man Mavic has said..... make sure you have the correct props in the right places. There are two different props...... the correct props need to to be put on the correct arm so if you replaced any after your crash, recheck them. That is the most common reason that a Mini pulls in a direction or flips over on takeoff.

Doh! Thanks, I thought that step had been missed.

Welcome to the forum.

You can find a lot of info on this site and hope you find your answer.

Reactions: old man mavic
Hope you spent the extra few bucks for Refresh. If so, send it in for repair or replacement.

Reactions: ckoerner
Hey all, I’m new here and in need of some assistance.
I just got my mini about a week ago, over the weekend I was at a state park and was taking some panoramic shots while not paying attention. My drone backed up into a tree and fell about 50-70 ft.

I was with friends and felt really embarrassed so I folded it up and put it away until this evening. I tried taking it out to fly around the backyard, but now it won’t hover. If I try to get it to hover using the button on screen, or by pulling the sticks in on the controller, it just pulls to the right and won’t take off.

tried recalibrating the compass and imu and that didn’t help. Tried changing the propellers- nothing. Batteries- also nothing.

Anyone have some advice for a total noob?
You saying it won't take off? I assume you checked your props already, like EVERYONE has asked. If so, I am assuming, you started the motors, by pushing both sticks down and in, then you pushed up the left stick to take off AND NOTHING HAPPENED?. The only thing I can think of that was not mentioned is doing a control stick calibration. Too bad, you didn't get Care Refresh. It's relatively inexpensive for the MINI 1 and 2 as well as the MA2 and Air2S.

Reactions: mmoguls

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots