DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Won't Calibrate Start Up with Filter Attached

PHZ

Reactions
I am just getting used to my Mini 2. I bought a Freewell polarizer. It is a clip on style and weighs almost nothing. I could not even get it to register on a gram scale. However, when I put this on the Mini 2, it won't pass the start up calibration and the camera just hangs down. Has anyone else experienced this? I never had any issues with M Pro or Pro 2 with filters which are much larger (well, so is the camera).
Suggestions are welcome.

Not personally but I did wonder if the extra weight of fitting a filter on the camera gimbal would affect it at startup. Most don't seem to have an issue with it so maybe worth double checking it's installed correctly. Other than that I have no idea but maybe someone on here will know better.

That was my first thought. Wondering if others have experienced this, too?
I double, triple checked the install and it seems to be correct. Thank you for your idea.

Reactions: Flakey Flier
With the drone off, and the filter attached, can you move the camera all around without anything catching, sticking?

I have the Skyreat NP/PL filter set and it works great. Make sure you have the filter mounted correctly and fully seated.

That was my first thought. Wondering if others have experienced this, too?
I double, triple checked the install and it seems to be correct. Thank you for your idea.
Problem with the filter itself possibly?. Could try the retailer if it's a recent purchase,they may have an idea or let you replace the thing.

I bought it from B & H. They may take it back, but I really wanted if for a European vacation leaving too soon to wait for a replacement. Thank you for your idea.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+