DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 and Fly app v 1.10.6

OldGuy

Reactions
I have been trying these past few days to update the Fly app from 1.10.4 to the latest version 1.10.6 but try as I may my Tripltek tablet keeps informing me that I have the latest version but it is still 1.10.4?
I have the auto update switched on also I go into Profile-Settings-Check for firmware updates and keep getting "Your firmware is up to date" BUT it isn’t it is still 1.10.4!?
I must be missing something but I can’t think what!

Try going to
download it to computer. If possible connect the tablet to rhe computer and copy the download App to the downloads folder in the tablet. On the tablet go to the downloads folder and try to instal the app from there. You might have to "allow installations from unknown sources" ENSURE that "only for this file" is ticked.

The above names and wording is based on memory of doing manual instals on and Android phone but I'd guess there will be similar things on an Android tablet.

Try going to
download it to computer. If possible connect the tablet to rhe computer and copy the download App to the downloads folder in the tablet. On the tablet go to the downloads folder and try to instal the app from there. You might have to "allow installations from unknown sources" ENSURE that "only for this file" is ticked.

The above names and wording is based on memory of doing manual instals on and Android phone but I'd guess there will be similar things on an Android tablet.
Thanks for replying. I've dug out my Huawei back up tablet and that has Fly app V 1.10.1 on it. Again when connected to the remote and Mini 3 it says latest firmware installed but again it's not. I've downloaded version 1.10.6 to my computer as you have recommended and will try this afternoon to install it on both tablets following your instructions.

Firmware and the app version are different things.
Firmware relates to the software that is on the drone, controller and batteries.
The App version relates to ONLY the App.

Firmware and the app version are different things.
Firmware relates to the software that is on the drone, controller and batteries.
The App version relates to ONLY the App.
My young tech friend is on holiday at the moment but will be back Saturday so I think I will wait for him as I am getting nowhere with this. Thanks

It would be easier if you went to the DJI website on the Triple and downloaded the fly app directly to it. Launch the downloaded package and it will install. I did this last Sunday and it solved a number of problems I was experiencing.

It would be easier if you went to the DJI website on the Triple and downloaded the fly app directly to it. Launch the downloaded package and it will install. I did this last Sunday and it solved a number of problems I was experiencing.
I have followed your instructions and get to "Download Android APK" so do I click on this?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne