DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini Mini 3 chasing a boat on the river in Minnesota

BingErr

Reactions
Took the Mini 3 boating for the first time this weekend. I'm more than impressed with this little drone. Powerful, fast, long battery life, reliable. I personally think DJI hit it out of the park with this one. Makes the first Mini look like a cheap toy.

Took the Mini 3 boating for the first time this weekend. I'm more than impressed with this little drone. Powerful, fast, long battery life, reliable. I personally think DJI hit it out of the park with this one. Makes the first Mini look like a cheap toy.

Great footage! The mini did an impressive job at keeping up with you. Does it have some sort of dynamic homepoint so it knows where you are vs where you took off from, or is that something you have to update manually?

Reactions: Rydintl1
Great footage! The mini did an impressive job at keeping up with you. Does it have some sort of dynamic homepoint so it knows where you are vs where you took off from, or is that something you have to update manually?
No, the homepoint was way off when I flew the drone back to the boat even when we were just drifting. I just kept a good eye on the drone/boat the entire time and was prepared to tell the boat captain to turn around if I lost signal. But I didn't have to, it performed perfectly.

Reactions: CKWUSA
Compared to the Mini 3 the Mavic Mini cost around 40% of the Mini 3. In UK prices with the fly more version £435 vs £1000+. The Mavic Mini is still a good drone with in its limitations and I'd bet a lot of people were grateful to get one.
sorry, didn't mean to offend. When I bought my original Mini I was used to flying the Mavic 2 Pro so I was let down by it's performance.

Reactions: chiangmaicharlies
sorry, didn't mean to offend. When I bought my original Mini I was used to flying the Mavic 2 Pro so I was let down by it's performance.
No offence taken, I just think that it is a bit unfair that people 'slag the Mavic Mini off' (British phrasing) so readily now that 'better' models are available.

Great video. I am impressed with the color and the dynamic range. Oh, and it did a great job keeping up with the boat. I would like to buy one (like lotsa folks), but had to settle for a Mini 2 to take to Europe Next week. I am impressed with the Mini 2’s flight characteristics and handling, even in a brisk breeze. I thought the camera was pretty good, until I saw your footage. 🤨

Did you keep updating the home point?

Very nice ! Makes me wonder if I did the right thing by buying an MA2. 🤔 hmmm.

Did you keep updating the home point?
Nope, just keep the boat in sight on my screen the entire time and hand no disconnect issues. Of course, if I would have had an unexpected disconnect I was ready to tell my Brother-in-Law to turn the boat around immediately so I could reconnect before it landed in the water.

Did you have multiple batteries, or was this all in one battery? I've had my M3P for two weeks now and my Fly More kit was just shipped today, so just wondering.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainmanflyin