DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 for $429 USD at Costco

LongRifle

Reactions
Per the title. It comes with RC-N1 controller, full set of spare propellers and screws, 64GB micro SD (the right kind - Sandisk red and gold), one battery and a set of 3 ND filters. Just brought one home. My 5th DJI!

I think the RC-N1 is actually better than the DJI RC, because you can use a tablet, and it uses Google Maps. So that's a great deal! My DJI RC screen is so small.

Reactions: LongRifle
I think the RC-N1 is actually better than the DJI RC, because you can use a tablet, and it uses Google Maps. So that's a great deal! My DJI RC screen is so small.
The only advantage the DJI RC has for me is the extra scroll wheel for zoom, which can be accomplished pretty easily with the press of a button and the gimbal wheel on the RC-N1. I ordered an extra set of spare propellers from Amazon not realizing it already comes with it. I feel the charging hub and battery plus (51 mins) is a must, so I bought them as well.

I have read that tghe range differs greatly between the RC-N1 and the DJI RC. Which of the two gives you longer range? I am still flying an M1P but thinking of getting an upgrade and as i always use a strobe to increase the VLOS I am curious which controller has the longest range.

For me, I greatly prefer the all in one of the RC - I always hated having to remove my phone from the case and plug it in to the controller. The RC eliminates all of that. The only drawback I can see is that I can't install external apps on it (like litchi, etc). But I don't really use those so it isn't a big deal to me.

I can see why some prefer the RC-N1, however. It does provide more options.

I have read that tghe range differs greatly between the RC-N1 and the DJI RC. Which of the two gives you longer range? I am still flying an M1P but thinking of getting an upgrade and as i always use a strobe to increase the VLOS I am curious which controller has the longest range.
I agree that the DJI RC seems to give better range. Also a smoother display because I use a Samsung s3 which really got slow after Samsung updated it around 2019. But I can't make waypoint missions on the DJI RC.

I can't speak about the DJI RC, but I have taken my Air 2 out to 7km with the RC-N1 and I believe they both use Occusync 2.0, so theoretically the Mini 3 can do as well.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_