DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3, little help?

I dont think you should ever toss it. Just let it sit on your hand and joystick up
Ya, I never thought about it as it always worked without any guff before. New controller/screen and joysticking up whilst juggling a drone bit much though. Potential for butterfingers and all that.

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone else has been having these issues, if so, have you solved them? Any advice would be appreciated.

I could, and cannot, pair my DJI RC-N1 with the Mini 3. I have no issues connecting the new DJI RC however. I've tried both DJI RC-N1 controllers I currently own but to no avail, stuck on flashing yellow lights. EDIT After multiple un-install and re-installs of the DJI-Fly App the Mini 3 and the RC-N1 remote have paired. You can only pair 2 drones at a time to any one remote I've learned, if you want to add a new drone you have to un-bind one. Testing the RC-N1 the range is *almost* triple to the DJI RC.
Thank you for your post! My good friend will receive his Mini 3 Pro with the DJI RC built in screen in July. But I have told him how much I like Litchi & Dronelink. He would like to use them also. I told him there is no way to load third-party apps on the DJI RC remote.

You've answered one my question: He can pair or connect to either of the remotes. He just has to buy the DJI RC-N1 if he wants to use his Android phone and 3rd party apps. Since he has no drones at present, he doesn't have to 'unbind' anything.

1st Follow Up Question: So if he turns off his DJI RC remote and turns on his new DJI RC-N1, will it pair/bind automatically to his Mini 3 Pro or does he have to go through a manual pairing process whenever he switches remotes? He is new to drones and I might have to walk him through the process over the phone.

2nd Follow Up Question: If my friend decides he doesn't want to pop $$$ for the DJI RC-N1, but still wants some waypoint features, I'm concerned that based on info below that a DJI Waypoint's SDK 'might not' be in the Mini 3 Pro's future. See image and then the complete thread from which the image was taken along with a 2nd seemingly authoritative thread shedding further light on the issue created 6 weeks later.

Forum's responses to both questions?

Thanks!
________________________________________________________________________________________________
1654981924009.gif

Jan 26, 2022, Authoritative Confirmation of No Waypoints for Mavic 3
Mavic 3 WILL NOT support Waypoint or Mapping missions

DJI WayPoints Explained:
DJI Waypoints (Explained for Beginners)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member