DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 out yet;??

yes in Argos and Currys pity I ordered from DJI I will have to wait. Never mind.

Im about 75% convinced to buy the drone as a supplement to my M2P. I can fly in places illegal for that to be used and get acceptable output (ive spent days looking through samples).

But RC vs N1 controller i really am still 50/50.

Doesn't help i bought Smart Controller 1 which got ditched by DJI rapidly so became effectively a 1 drone expensive unit.
I've been going through samples as well and sticking them through a raw processor to have a play with but it's tricky when it's not shots I've taken myself and it's not a sensor size or type I have any experience with. I've also been wondering about the F1.7 fixed aperture as even in Scotland it's usually quite bright.

Controller wise I'm planning on going for the one with the integrated screen even though I don't normally use the type, I figure for my use it would help get the Mini 3 up and running quickly plus the size difference doesn't look much. If it's was a huge amount of money more I wouldn't bother but £150 isn't too bad.

Its a tricky call.
The conventional RC has the advantage that when/if they finally release the SDK for the drone 3rd party apps can work with it but the obvious downside of the faff needed to plug a phone in to use it.
It might only seem a small thing but i flew my M2P a lot more with the smart controller than previously as the extra effort playing with cables and holders put me off a quick flight.

Given the mini is a supplemental drone for A1 the smaller the package the better to transport around hence the old non integrated RC appealing.

RC is only the same brightness as my phone - the old SC is 1000 nits and that was *just about* usable in bright tropical sunshine.

On the other hand the new RC if it is compatible with future and current drones means a nicer upgrade path.

Im pretty sure someone will work out how to sideload apps on it shortly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FredFulf