DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Pro and RC Pro account log out?

KS-6

Reactions
Hi,

A number of us who use the RC pro with any version of the Mavic 3 are experencing self-log out issues after 3-5 weeks, whether flown or not. There are a couple threads at the DJI forums that are talking about this. Basically this started on the Fall controller FW update and is seriously problematic for those of us who work in remote areas with no cell service. There is no warning when it will do this, what the cycle is and why it is now being done and it has hosed several of us on paid jobs. For now, I am using my regular RC if I intend to be in an area without wifi or cell service.

If I fly either my Mavic 3 Cine or Mavic 3 Pro with a regular RC controller, I simply never run into this issue so I am thinking it is the RC Pro that is doing it and not the drone.

Has anyone had random log outs when using the Mini 3 Pro or any other drone besides the Mavic 3 series with the RC pro?

Last edited:
I've heard about the issue as well. Before going to a remote location, before you leave WiFi service area, is it possible to logout and then log back in? That way when you arrive a few hours later, you won't find your device has logged out, is that how it work?

I've heard about the issue as well. Before going to a remote location, before you leave WiFi service area, is it possible to logout and then log back in? That way when you arrive a few hours later, you won't find your device has logged out, is that how it work?
Interesting idea, have not tried it yet. Honestly we have zero idea when it is to self log out, what the duration is or if your idea will work. It should not take voodoo to figure out, especially something this critical.

DJI snuck this into the RC Pro last fall in the same update that gave us cruise control, better Cine flight behavior, etc.

There is no timeline, no warning, nothing, just crippling of the drone in areas outside of cell service. Infuriating to say the least.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wild Drone Pilot
Interesting idea, have not tried it yet. Honestly we have zero idea when it is to self log out, what the duration is or if your idea will work. It should not take voodoo to figure out, especially something this critical.

DJI snuck this into the RC Pro last fall in the same update that gave us cruise control, better Cine flight behavior, etc.

There is no timeline, no warning, nothing, just crippling of the drone in areas outside of cell service. Infuriating to say the least.
I see no reason for this at all no Cell or WiFi go home you are grounded! You have to love surprises with DJI :rolleyes:
Happened again to me a couple of weeks ago :oops:

Hi,

A number of us who use the RC pro with any version of the Mavic 3 are experencing self-log out issues after 3-5 weeks, whether flown or not. There are a couple threads at the DJI forums that are talking about this. Basically this started on the Fall controller FW update and is seriously problematic for those of us who work in remote areas with no cell service. There is no warning when it will do this, what the cycle is and why it is now being done and it has hosed several of us on paid jobs. For now, I am using my regular RC if I intend to be in an area without wifi or cell service.

If I fly either my Mavic 3 Cine or Mavic 3 Pro with a regular RC controller, I simply never run into this issue so I am thinking it is the RC Pro that is doing it and not the drone.

Has anyone had random log outs when using the Mini 3 Pro or any other drone besides the Mavic 3 series with the RC pro?
I have had to re-register 2 times on my miní 3 pro -& my air 2 s. Both times because of forgetting password but initiated due to the apparent closure of access to my account. The third time I remembered my password & things were a little easier to do since then l operated my drones indoors every 2 weeks th da before going on a mission & sofar l have had no issues. My fpv has never done this.

I wos seriously considering buying another drone so l could just scrap these faulty drones that loose their registration. While looking through what is available l noticed there are versions of th foldable drones advertised as registration free. Is this a new thing?
If so, l am very unhappy that DJI have set a hindrance in th software that causes so much streßs & angst among what is a fairly benign community.
T

Hi,

I have also had this auto-logout interfere with a couple of my jobs in cell coverage black holes and this was with a mini 3 pro + RC-N1. When this occurs, it doesn't matter how professional you appear, you still end up looking like a clueless amateur. Luckily on both occasions I had my trusty Mav 2 zoom as backup which hasn't been "upgraded" for nearly three years, nor has the GO4 flight app, so both jobs were completed regardless.