DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Pro and RC Pro account log out?

KS-6

Reactions
Hi, this is also posted in the Mini 3 forum.

A number of us who use the RC pro with any version of the Mavic 3 are experencing self-log out issues after 3-5 weeks, whether flown or not. There are a couple threads at the DJI forums that are talking about this. Basically this started on the Fall controller FW update and is seriously problematic for those of us who work in remote areas with no cell service. There is no warning when it will do this, what the cycle is and why it is now being done and it has hosed several of us on paid jobs. For now, I am using my regular RC if I intend to be in an area without wifi or cell service.

If I fly either my Mavic 3 Cine or Mavic 3 Pro with a regular RC controller, I simply never run into this issue so I am thinking it is the RC Pro that is doing it and not the drone.

Has anyone had random log outs when using the Mini 3 Pro or any other drone besides the Mavic 3 series with the RC pro?

Last edited:
Reactions: hagman23

A number of us who use the RC pro with any version of the Mavic 3 Pro are experencing self-log out issues after 3-5 weeks, whether used or not. There are a couple threads at the DJI forums that are talking about this. Basically this started on the Fall controller FW update and is seriously problematic for those of us who work in remote areas with no cell service. There is no warning when it will do this, what the cycle is and why it is now being done and it has hosed several of us on paid jobs. For now, I am using my regular RC if I intend to be in an area without wifi or cell service.

If I fly either my Mavic 3 Cine or Mavic 3 Pro with a regular RC controller, I simply never run into this issue so I am thinking it is the RC Pro that is doing it and not the drone.

Has anyone had random log outs when using the Mini 3 Pro or any other drone besides the Mavic 3 series with the RC pro?
I have had this happen to me as well, I wondered the same thing and if it was just me, apparently not.

A number of us who use the RC pro with any version of the Mavic 3 are experencing self-log out issues after 3-5 weeks, whether flown or not. There are a couple threads at the DJI forums that are talking about this. Basically this started on the Fall controller FW update and is seriously problematic for those of us who work in remote areas with no cell service. There is no warning when it will do this, what the cycle is and why it is now being done and it has hosed several of us on paid jobs. For now, I am using my regular RC if I intend to be in an area without wifi or cell service.

Even with cell service I have trouble connecting to my iphone in controlled air space where I have been pre-authorized to fly. I understand android phones connect more easily. The RC controller is the only controller I have for my Mavic 3.

Even with cell service I have trouble connecting to my iphone in controlled air space where I have been pre-authorized to fly. I understand android phones connect more easily. The RC controller is the only controller I have for my Mavic 3.
Most of us have at least one of the $109 RC-N1 controllers lying around. It is fully compatible with the Mavic 3 and the Mavic 3 Pro.

Reactions: JavaJack
This has happened to me on several occasions. I use the Pro controller. I found one post a couple of weeks ago where the poster said to login in, connect, then shut down the controller. When it was restarted it maintained the login. However, it will still do this randomly. As mentioned above, it started after a previous FW update.

So we have several posts of pilots having this problem. The question should be has anyone had any contact with DJI to identify the problem, and to see if they can fix the problem.

This has happened to me on several occasions. I use the Pro controller. I found one post a couple of weeks ago where the poster said to login in, connect, then shut down the controller. When it was restarted it maintained the login. However, it will still do this randomly. As mentioned above, it started after a previous FW update.

So we have several posts of pilots having this problem. The question should be has anyone had any contact with DJI to identify the problem, and to see if they can fix the problem.
I had contacted DJI support a year ago when I first had the issue with my iphone not being able to connect even though it is a saved network. I was attempting to fly in controlled air space and needed wifi or mobile connection. I had all the authorizations from the city, Navcan, etc but could not connect. Pretty embarrassing when you have paying clients on location. I can bring this up again with support on behalf of the users, as I have had very good success dealing with support, but would like a little more detail before I do. Is this more of an account logout issue or a remote connection issue for other users? I have been told iPhones drop connectivity more than android phones. I would love to hear a sampling of cases on this topic.

I had contacted DJI support a year ago when I first had the issue with my iphone not being able to connect even though it is a saved network. I was attempting to fly in controlled air space and needed wifi or mobile connection. I had all the authorizations from the city, Navcan, etc but could not connect. Pretty embarrassing when you have paying clients on location. I can bring this up again with support on behalf of the users, as I have had very good success dealing with support, but would like a little more detail before I do. Is this more of an account logout issue or a remote connection issue for other users? I have been told iPhones drop connectivity more than android phones. I would love to hear a sampling of cases on this topic.
It's strictly an account log out issue that shows up when you go to fly as a red banner message at the top left of the controller screen and says "Account Not Logged In". There are a few "spirited" threads on it on the DJI forums because that is where I feel it will get the most eyes on it.

A guy just recently reported today that it is also happening with his Mavic 3 Enterprise which has its own version of the RC Pro controller. To be specific, it is only the RC Pro and RC Pro Enterprise controllers that are automatically logging the pilot out after an inconsistent and undetermined amount of time.

In order to log back in you either have to be near Wifi or use your phone as a Wifi hot spot via cell signal. A lot of us fly outside of cell service so when this happens, you either can fly the drone at a max altitude of 50M and max distance of 150M or get to cell signal to log in.

It's a disastrous move on DJI's part that got snuck in on a controller FW update last late Fall. More and more people are getting screwed by this on jobs and are furious, I am one of them.

I'm actually growing steadily more concerned that this is DJI's version of the foundational and operational frame work for RID once it goes fully live later this year. The whole 50M Alt / 150M Dist thing seems eerily reminiscent of what drones without RID will limited to once the date rolls around.

Last edited:
Reactions: Roberto Smera
It's strictly an account log out issue that shows up when you go to fly as a red banner message at the top left of the controller screen and says "Account Not Logged In". There are a few "spirited" threads on it on the DJI forums because that is where I feel it will get the most eyes on it.

A guy just recently reported today that it is also happening with his Mavic 3 Enterprise which has its own version of the RC Pro controller. To be specific, it is only the RC Pro and RC Pro Enterprise controllers that are automatically logging the pilot out after an inconsistent and undetermined amount of time.

In order to log back in you either have to be near Wifi or use your phone as a Wifi hot spot via cell signal. A lot of us fly outside of cell service so when this happens, you either can fly the drone at a max altitude of 50M and max distance of 150M or get to cell signal to log in.

It's a disastrous move on DJI's part that got snuck in on a controller FW update last late Fall. More and more people are getting screwed by this on jobs and are furious, I am one of them.

I'm actually growing steadily more concerned that this is DJI's version of the foundational and operational frame work for RID once it goes fully live later this year. The whole 50M Alt / 150M Dist thing seems eerily reminiscent of what drones without RID will limited to once the date rolls around.
Okay, thanks for the comprehensive clarification. I will keep my eye on this issue and add my voice to the discussion when I encounter this problem.

I just returned from a 5 day adventure in a remote area with no cell service.
On day 2 I got the message "Account not Logged in" I had never seen this before and had no choice but to wait until the trip was over. I could fly but with restricted altitude and distance. Also another weird thing is a lot of my setting changed.
One in particular was it changed to FPV camera mode which was kinda interesting and I will definitely have to play with that.
Once I got back home and Logged back in the drone works fine but I did not get my settings back.
I am flying Air 2s with a Smart Controller - not the Pro
Just thought you might like to know the issue is not limited to the Pro Controller

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7