DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Pro Anti-collision lights?

bobmoore1954

Reactions
Does anyone have a recommendation for anti-collision lights that would mount in a way to improve visibility during daylight flights.

I'm planning on putting a Firehouse Arc V on the top-front. I expect it to have pretty good 360 visibility due to that strobe's 90 degree coverage and the drone's flying profile, though clearly not quite as good as if it were on the bottom.

Does anyone have a recommendation for anti-collision lights that would mount in a way to improve visibility during daylight flights.
The VIFLY lights are inexpensive, lightweight, and effective.

The Firehouse Arc V is sturdier and a bit brighter, but more expensive.

Whatever light you chose, I suggest mounting it with Velcro. I see no justification for brackets, which add weight, drag, and cost. I use strobes primarily for nighttime flight and mount them on the top of the drone for best visibility by manned aircraft For daytime visibility, the bottom of the drone body would be preferred. Or, you could put a strip of Velcro on the rear of each battery.

Reactions: PaJi and Kaskimondo
Yeh, back of the battery might be a good spot. I would prefer to put it on the bottom of the drone, but the Mini 3 sits so low to the ground, I’m afraid I’d land on the light. Battery on the back would give me best visibility when flying away from me.

Reactions: MS Coast
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661