DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Pro battery life? Is anyone else getting much lower than advertised?

Just a thought for testing flight time of batteries. Hovering uses more energy than flying does. And most advertised flight times are from takeoff to critical battery auto landing.
If you really want to know how long your battery will last in an emergency, simply take off and hover in a safe area, about 2 meters up and let it hover until it autolands on critical battery. I haven't tried it with my Mavic 3 but I did test my P3 batteries once using this method and all of then made it into the 21 minute mark. P3 batteries are rated for 23 min max.
They probably shouldn't have a "sport mode" at all if it's going to cut battery life 80%. Guess I should use cine mode to get the most battery life! No doubt this bird can't stay in the air under the same circumstances as long as the Mini 3 Pro

Used my Mini 3 Pro for the first time today. Used in normal mode. 17mph winds with 25mph gusts. Got around 25 minutes in the standard ‘34 minute’ battery before getting the 20% warning to RTH.

Temp was about 44 degrees.

Not sure if the battery run time extends each time it’s charged for the first five or ten charges on a new battery??

Last edited:
They probably shouldn't have a "sport mode" at all if it's going to cut battery life 80%. Guess I should use cine mode to get the most battery life! No doubt this bird can't stay in the air under the same circumstances as long as the Mini 3 Pro
Inaccurate and illogical. But to each their own.

Inaccurate and illogical. But to each their own.
Why don't I do this. I'll test the drone again just the way DJI tests. Windless conditions, flying forward at about 14 mph and in photo mode getting 51 minutes at 0% battery. I'll run it down to 15% battery which should get me about 43 minutes of flight time. Wanna bet it doesn't come close to that number??

Reactions: RUFFSTUFF
Why don't I do this. I'll test the drone again just the way DJI tests. Windless conditions, flying forward at about 14 mph and in photo mode getting 51 minutes at 0% battery. I'll run it down to 15% battery which should get me about 43 minutes of flight time. Wanna bet it doesn't come close to that number??
Dji also states that they fly until the aircraft auto lands on critical battery. Include that in your test and let's see the numbers.
Now that I say that It's only right I test the actual vs rated flight time on my Classic.
I will do that, I'm just as curious.

Do you think you will get more than 21min 30sec?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neverbobomalem