DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Pro battery life? Is anyone else getting much lower than advertised?

shadow3467

Reactions
So I've noticed most my flights seem to be averaging around 19-20 minutes on a relatively calm day with minimal wind, basically days where UAVforecast says it's good to fly, we're talking like 3m/s wind average with gusts of maybe 5-6m/s

But I'm not very impressed with the battery especially since the advertised is 34...

Granted yes I know I'm never going to get 34 but 19-20 is a far cry from 34... and from all the videos Ive seen and posts I've read, the mini 2 averaged 22-23 minutes

So how are other people faring with their mini 3 battery?

Oh also I'm at about 12-14 charge cycles by now I think so I'm p retty sure the battery has been broken in fine

Last edited:
i have noticed less flight time if i am videoing the whole flight ,i guess the camera and associated control board do use quite a lot of battery during flight,i would also suggest that you turn off the optical avoidance and just fly the drone in N mode without any video or pics being taken and see what difference if any that makes to the flight time

Reactions: Rchawks
the best I have had with the mini 3 is 21mins averaging 17-19mins normally which is surprising as the air 2s was regularly doing 25mins which is a lot close to the advertised flight time.

I don't own a Mini 3, but just purchased a Mini 2 and on it's FAQ page Support for DJI Mini 2 - DJI under Propulsion it says battery fight time is rated 31 min at 4.7m/s windless conditions. But the Mini 2 does C mode at 6m/s, N mode at 10m/s and S mode at 16m/s. So even in C mode at 6m/s in theory I'd get less than 31 mins as that is only rated at 4.7m/s?

I don't seem to see that info in Propulsion section of Mini 3 FAQ at Support for DJI Mini 3 Pro - DJI ? Maybe it's same for Mini 3 Pro, the rated max flight time of battery is under conditions that even the slowest mode for Mini 3 Pro can't achieve so you'd never get close to rated max battery flight time in the first place?

How much time is left on the battery at the end of the flight test.? Under lab testing I wouldn't be surprised they take it to 0 for the numbers they have. No forward motion just steady hover in a very large room. lol.

Last edited:
But I'm not very impressed with the battery especially since the advertised is 34...
The maximum flight time that's shown in the specs is achieved flying very carefully at a steady 21.6 kph in windless conditions and taking the battery right down as low as possible.
If you are flying normally, every time you accelerate, climb, stop and start, hover, fly faster or slower you are using more power than you need to achieve max battery time.
It's the same as your car.
The manufacturer publishes an absolute maximum fuel economy figure, but you'll never achieve that in normal driving.

The number is only useful for comparisons and you can't expect it in normal flight.

So I've noticed most my flights seem to be averaging around 19-20 minutes on a relatively calm day with minimal wind, basically days where UAVforecast says it's good to fly, we're talking like 3m/s wind average with gusts of maybe 5-6m/s

Granted yes I know I'm never going to get 34 but 19-20 is a far cry from 34... and from all the videos Ive seen and posts I've read, the mini 2 averaged 22-23 minutes

So how are other people faring with their mini 3 battery?

Oh also I'm at about 12-14 charge cycles by now I think so I'm p retty sure the battery has been broken in fine
Around 15min and the RTH low battery warning Mild day with 4K on

Pretty much 22 - 24 mins with landing at about 20 - 25 % charge left (usual flight at about 100 metres high with some wind). Only doing stills.

I am pleased, could certainly squeeze out more, but time was nearly never my problem coming from the M2P as I find 20 mins just about right for one battery. With the M2P I mostly had 21 - 22 mins.

How much time is left on the battery at the end of the flight test.? Under lab testing I wouldn't be surprised they take it to 0 for the numbers they have. No forward motion just steady hover in a very large room. lol.
That is what most drone companies do so they can legally say the battery lasts that long without being threatened with false advertising

Reactions: Rchawks
I have 2 of the plus batteries and I and getting 35-40 mins flight time. Also less than advertised but this is expected since the advertised times are not in normal operating environments.

I've been flying a Mini 3 while my Mini 3 Pro is getting replaced a SECOND TIME by DJI. I'm finding slightly less flight time with the Mini 3 (using both size batteries) where I should be seeing slightly more.
Are you flying under exactly the same conditions, flying exactly the same route, at exactly the same speed, at the exactly same altitude?

Just got 21 minutes 30 seconds of flight time with 15% battery left over with my Mini 3 with the PLUS battery charged to 100%. Very little wind but flew about 3 miles around in sport and 3 miles
in standard mode. Would have hoped for 30 minutes with the plus battery.

Just a thought for testing flight time of batteries. Hovering uses more energy than flying does. And most advertised flight times are from takeoff to critical battery auto landing.
If you really want to know how long your battery will last in an emergency, simply take off and hover in a safe area, about 2 meters up and let it hover until it autolands on critical battery. I haven't tried it with my Mavic 3 but I did test my P3 batteries once using this method and all of then made it into the 21 minute mark. P3 batteries are rated for 23 min max.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeaconB