DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Pro battery tabs cracked

I wanted to see how widespread this problem was, as I also read about it in the DJI forum. Reading through the comments in my video shows that perhaps this is a bigger problem than we thought. They really should be replacing these batteries I think.

Well... DJI did not replace the batteries even thought they agreed that they were under warranty. Instead they offered me a 20% discount on new batteries. I argued the point for a while but they remained firm. I went for the offer because what else could I do? However I will be VERY careful with these batteries from now on. I'll have to learn the exact minimum amount to press the tabs when removing the battery.

Sigh...
My first Plus battery tab cracked in November 2022. Purchased the fly more kit in July 2022. Sent to DJI for warranty and they refused replacement and wanted $95 for a new battery. I went back and forth with them. They offered 20% off and then 50% off a new battery. I took the 50% off. Since then my second Plus battery has develop a cracked tab. Here I go again.

@51 Drones maybe you can post the solution for this issue on your youtube channel for everyone interested to know
in this topic at #21 Triple7 posted this link

Reactions: 51 Drones
My first Plus battery tab cracked in November 2022. Purchased the fly more kit in July 2022. Sent to DJI for warranty and they refused replacement and wanted $95 for a new battery. I went back and forth with them. They offered 20% off and then 50% off a new battery. I took the 50% off. Since then my second Plus battery has develop a cracked tab. Here I go again.
I think DJI better get started on the Mini 4,and redesign everything,better get started yesterday on it.
And now with a critical part like of all things the battery clips cracking and breaking. Care refresh and sending the battery in
only to get another one that will fail,is nonsense.

After getting my two cracked batteries replaced, I'm a bit freaked out about the possibility of this happening again. One of the measures I've taken is to Dremel the place where the tabs lock on the charging case. It's a bit of a hack job, but the batteries still lock well and they come out much more easily. I'm reluctant to try the same hack on the drone :eek:

1675873471501.png

This charger on Amazon will eliminate stressing the battery and reduce the number of times the tabs are pressed therfore extending battery life.
i used this charger and in less than three months of use, one of my three batteries has cracks along the bottom of both tabs and will no longer properly click into either the drone or the charger. i put it in drawer and retired it.

This charger on Amazon will eliminate stressing the battery and reduce the number of times the tabs are pressed therfore extending battery life.
i use this charger and have since day one. i've only had my dji mini 3 pro for about 3 months. i've already had one battery with cracks along the bottom of both tabs and it doesn't snap into place on the drone or the charger. it's been retired now.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada