Join Us Now

Mini 3 Pro cant update firmware

Deathdealer1960

Reactions
Brand new DJI Mini 3 Pro.

Date: 07/16/2022
Current Aircraft firmware: 01.00.0002
Current RC Pro Firmware: 01.00.0000

1. Updating via the smart controller - Server Error wait a moment and try again (Code-8)
2. Update via Assistant 2 - NO FIRMWARE LIST - although it can detect the firmware version on the controller and the aircraft

Help.

If you have a phone that can act as a WIFI hot spot, trying connecting to that. If that works, you likely have a router or ISP problem and we'd have to troubleshoot from there. If that doesn't work, there may be a temporary issue on the DJI side.

Brand new DJI Mini 3 Pro.

Date: 07/16/2022
Current Aircraft firmware: 01.00.0002
Current RC Pro Firmware: 01.00.0000

1. Updating via the smart controller - Server Error wait a moment and try again (Code-8)
2. Update via Assistant 2 - NO FIRMWARE LIST - although it can detect the firmware version on the controller and the aircraft

Help.
I had the same issue. it was frustrating and DJI could offer no solution.

I finally figured out that the problem was that the domain network server (DNS) my home router was using could not access the server with the update information. It could get to the Fly Safe database updates, but not the server for firmware and software updates. I finally resolved it by switching the DNS settings to Google's public DNS - 8.8.8.8 for the primary and 8.8.4.4 for the secondary.

If you're not into tinkering with router settings, the bottom line is try another network. Try setting up a wireless hotspot using your cellphone. If that doesn't work, try connecting on another network - friend, work, library or whatever.

There's nothing that you're doing wrong and waiting a moment won't help. You just need a different Internet path to the DJI server with the updates.

If you have a phone that can act as a WIFI hot spot, trying connecting to that. If that works, you likely have a router or ISP problem and we'd have to troubleshoot from there. If that doesn't work, there may be a temporary issue on the DJI side.

It's definitely not a temporary issue. I saw the same issue for more than a year and had to update via cellphone hotspot. The DNS change fixed it immediately.

Reactions: microlinux
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gebert94403