DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Pro in the EU

There is another map tool supplied by one of the German goverment ministries (though note they don't guarantee it's accurate), but which it is easier to see the critical infrastructure sites:

This is what it looks like when filtered for Nurnberg, I turned off the general residential and industrial filters.

Apart from the airport control zone (effective to 50m) there is also a restricted zone around a helicopter landing pad. (Note that it is normally easy to get permission from the DFS to fly above 50 metres if you book the shoot 10 days ahead on their website.)
I've seen that image - I'm unclear what the general overall light pink is.
That's what I was saying Nuremberg is painted all red.
Got the avoiding roads and such - also that heliport is inordinately large - anyway to get clearance there since I'll be under 50 m? That heliport seems to be the major issue as I have no interest in flying over federal roads or railways. Rivers I might take my chances ;)

Now you see why i just see if it'll take off then send it, whilst applying common sense.
I really don't think anyone cares about an old man flying a tiny drone unless they're being a d1ck.
If they can see you want to get a shot of "exhibit A" and you're not filming through grandmas windows i think you'll be fine.
As for drone number plate, i still fly with the drohnen.de one in case i lose it. Phone number, email and drone user id on there.

Reactions: Brojon
I've seen that image - I'm unclear what the general overall light pink is.
That's what I was saying Nuremberg is painted all red.
Got the avoiding roads and such - also that heliport is inordinately large - anyway to get clearance there since I'll be under 50 m? That heliport seems to be the major issue as I have no interest in flying over federal roads or railways. Rivers I might take my chances ;)
Helicopter zone is 1.5km radius. It's possible to get permission to fly within this area for a commercial shoot but you have to make a proper application and pay a fee.

The overall light pink is the airport control zone I believe

Last edited:
Yes, that's basically what I'm saying. There is a - drum roll -

Allgemeinverfügung zur Erteilung von Flugverkehrskontrollfreigaben zur
Durchführung von Flügen mit Flugmodellen und unbemannten
Luftfahrtsystemen in Kontrollzonen von Flugplätzen nach § 27d Abs. 1
LuftVG an den internationalen Verkehrsflughäfen mit DFS-Flugplatzkontrolle

So that's a general permission for flying drones, not even a request is necessary. Valid for all airports that are controlled by DFS - which is every international one, including Nuremberg.

I attach the PDF, it's all German of course.
Here are the German rules in a nutshell, in English: Drone flight.
DroneIQ is a very helpful app for Germany. It won’t help you in Austria, though. Not sure if there is an Austrian equivalent?
https://map.dronespace.at

Reactions: globetrotterdrone
Here are the German rules in a nutshell, in English: Drone flight.

https://map.dronespace.at
With the EU regulation in place, it was long time not clear, if all of the former national or local laws still apply (bans in councils, national parks) if not related to airspace security. The respective legislation for exceptions has partly been passed in August so that flights in Vienna for instance can now be done with <250 g up to 30 m. See: RIS - BGBLA_2022_II_213 - Bundesgesetzblatt authentisch ab 2004 (German only).

That said, following the official Austria airspace service provider is the way to go but not always is the legal situation really so unfavourable for sub 250 g drones as said or still not finally decided by the courts.

Another app to follow in Austria (German only): Drohnen-Info App | ÖAMTC

Special legal information about UAS (German): §§ Rechtslage und Formelles - KOPTERFORUM . AT

Last edited:
Reactions: Brojon

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinblueline3