DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Pro or Air 2S?

I have a Mini 3 Pro and Mavic Pro fly more. My flights are on a wooded 120 acre farm. There are a few features (deer blinds/stands/feeders) I like to check on scattered throughout the property. My house (take-off point) is all the way to the south end. For reasons unknown to me, I tend to send out the Mavic Pro for the longer missions and reserve the Mini 3 Pro for the shorter ones. It’s weird because the Mini has better battery flight time and uses the RC remote. Mini camera is better as well. The Mavic’s RC-N1 is better for long range (at least mine is) but ties up my phone. I can see benefit the larger drone provides such as more stable in higher winds and faster travel speeds between points of interest. So, for me it’s weird because I like the Mini better but use the Mavic more. Go figure.
Not weird- just the right tool for the job!

Not weird- just the right tool for the job!
Perhaps you are right. Seems like when I want to just fly around the yard, out comes the mini 3 Pro. But when I want to go maximum distance with trees blocking my signal, the Mavic Pro with the RC/N1 controller comes out. I wonder if I’d prefer that controller with the Mini. Is that controller even compatible or could it be used to run both of those drones?

Perhaps you are right. Seems like when I want to just fly around the yard, out comes the mini 3 Pro. But when I want to go maximum distance with trees blocking my signal, the Mavic Pro with the RC/N1 controller comes out. I wonder if I’d prefer that controller with the Mini. Is that controller even compatible or could it be used to run both of those drones?
I'm certainly no expert on that info, but this may help:

I have both, and use them fairly equally. I hate that there are many days that are just too windy for the M3P that are not a problem with the Air 2S. I like the ability to use the M3P in areas that I might otherwise need to get authorization for, but other than that, I certainly prefer the Air 2S.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan