DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Pro - Replacing rear motor without opening a drone

factislite

Reactions
Hello. I need to replace both rear motors. I don't want to disassembly whole drone, so I'm thinking about pulling out the motor from the arm, cut the wires and solder new motor. I know this is possible, because I pulled my motor out, but I'm worried about antenna and it's signal wire, because pulling this motor isn't easy and when we do it, a signal wire, which is in the cover inside the drone together with the 3 motor's wires is entering the drone, where it can be folded etc.
Does anybody have some pictures or experience with rear arms? How it looks inside? Is antenna's wire glued to the rest?

img_20240307_085942-jpg.173266

You really need to repair it correctly and to do that requires you to disassemble the drone. Cutting and splicing the wires together is very risky and I would not fly a drone repaired in that way. You have no way of knowing if that spliced connection will even stay that way. ALSO It is much easier to simply take the Drone apart to do the job. If memory serves the connections on the Mini 3 Pro are pressed on SO no soldering needed BUT even if you must solder the connection that is not hard to do correctly and the members here can help.

Reactions: old man mavic
I've bought second, not working DJI M3P to get parts from. I disassembled it, and have arms ready to mount. I dont know how disassembling whole drone can be easiest way. It's risky and we can destroy some things, like connectors and this tape which hold motherboard. This tape is the thing which is stopping me from doing that, and this glue on every single connector.

Reactions: Cafguy
It's risky and we can destroy some things, like connectors and this tape which hold motherboard. This tape is the thing which is stopping me from doing that, and this glue on every single connector.
TAKE YOUR TIME and BE VERY CAREFUL If this is your first fix I know it all looks SO complex and tiny But it is really very simple That stuff on your connectors is non-acidic electronics silicone It is there to keep those connections from vibrating apart in flight. It is a big hassle to remove! BUT you must remove it and Every bit ( be patient). You will need to replace it on the new connections and DO NOT USE Household chaulking componds. The other glue like stuff is Semi-conductor paste and it is used to transfer heat You will NEED to replace it when you reassemble the drone ( you can find it easily on Amazon ).

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13