DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Pro SD Cards

MavicMover

Reactions
Hi, newbie here soon taking delivery of a Mini 3 Pro with DJI RC remote. Does it need two SD cards? One for drone and one for the remote?

@MavicMover there is a slot for a SD card in the remote ,but it does not need one for it to work
but i have a 64g card in both the drone and the DJI RC ,but you do have to have a card in the drone to save your pics and videos to
the pics saved in the RC are not like the high definition ones saved on the drones card

Reactions: MavicMover
get 2 128 gig SANDISK ultra fast sd cards ,you will use these over and over again ,thru trial and error ,i discovered if I spend hundreds on a flying camera it is worth the few extra dollars on the best cards possible

Believe it or not, that is just what I ordered yesterday.

Reactions: IronSpear
A card in the controller can be handy when you use offline maps, since they'll be stored on the card if it's available.

Thanks, do the maps save there automatically just by viewing them on the RC?

Thanks, do the maps save there automatically just by viewing them on the RC?
No, you need to manually select and download them. It's a PITA because each map is tiny. If you want to cover any bigger area, you might need to download a dozen or more.

I live in an area with spotty cell service, so having he capability is helpful, even if awkward.

Reactions: MavicMover
get 2 128 gig SANDISK ultra fast sd cards ,you will use these over and over again ,thru trial and error ,i discovered if I spend hundreds on a flying camera it is worth the few extra dollars on the best cards possible
Yeah, **** straight.

In fact, I would recommend spending a bit and getting UHS-II cards so you don't have to wait forever to copy data off the card. What's your leisure time worth?

Yeah, **** straight.

In fact, I would recommend spending a bit and getting UHS-II cards so you don't have to wait forever to copy data off the card. What's your leisure time worth?
UHS II only if you have the right gear for your computer. If you have an older adapter or don't have USB gen 3, you won't see much speed boost. At the same time, the cost increase may not be that much (these things vary weekly, it seems) and you'll be future-proofed.
I use UHS II cards in a camera that takes them - it makes a big difference in how fast the buffer clears if I'm doing rapid shooting of big raw files, but makes no difference with video. The faster cards do dump faster to the computer, but since I'm loading stills to LR, I still wait for previews to generate!

Reactions: rickmurray1989
@retiredNH is absolutely right, no speed benefit if you have an old PC. Still, that shouldn't be a problem for most people, but you should check your machine.

As he noted, the speed advantage makes no difference for capturing video. The benefit really shows in getting the recorded video off the SD card on to a device for post processing. Waiting a minute or two to get a huge 5.7k video off the card and on my phone on-site vs. 5 minutes (or more!) is worth a lot to me.

I do a lot of editing/post on my phone (Galaxy Z-fold 2), and take advantage of UHS-II speeds with this adapter, which fully supports UHS-II:

Screenshot_20230114_082414_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: IronSpear
I would just add that the gen 3 USB A slots are generally coded blue, as are the cables. USB C slots are not color coded.
Confused? USB specs have two parts: The speed, and the connector. So you can have a USB 2 (as in second generation with a variety of USB connectors, A, mini, micro etc. USB 3 (the fast one...) will usually have a C connector, but may have an A connector on one end. But, there are other connectors too!

The point is that you need to read the specs for the things you buy if you want fast download speed, and know the ports on your computer (specs again...) Cheap cables, adapters and cards are bound to disappoint...beware of odd brand names on Amazon and Ebay.

Hi, newbie here soon taking delivery of a Mini 3 Pro with DJI RC remote. Does it need two SD cards? One for drone and one for the remote?
Hi, I like to make screen recordings as well as drone recordings, as the screen record shows height, speed etc. If you want to screen record on the DRI RC, you do need the sd card .. it only records fairly low res so I am using a v10 card, and works perfectly. If you don't want a screen record saved, then you don't really need the sc card in the c ontroller.

Get an external mic to go along with the screen recordings. The screen recorder will record sounds at the same time. That way you can make narrations while flying, then use the sound when you edit/produce your flight videos.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard