DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 pro software update video issues

Pstik

Reactions
I did the latest software update and love the speed settings for cinema. So I go flying and take some great video I think. I can't play it back. The photos are ok. But the video is corrupt. The video plays on the rc controller. I format card and no improvements. Then I change from d cine to normal and the videos play. Go back to d cine won't play even in DaVinci. Any ideas? Worked before update.

d-cine used to be 8 bit, and I believe that would play on just about any software. 2-3 updates past, it was upgraded to 10 bit, and a lot of common codecs for some reason don't support 10-bit color on h.264.

So, if you were behind on updates just a bit this may explain your problem.

Well just an update. I was not able to play the d cine h.264 with DaVinci Resolve free version, it would not play in QuickTime. So I activated DaVinci with license because I read the free version does not handle 10 bit. I was able to view the H.264 in DaVinci. I converted it to H.265 and I can play it in QuickTime. So I am guessing after the mini pro 3 upgrade H.264 is 10 bit but not the H.265 becausei can play those in QuickTime? What you think.

It's 10-bit whether h.264 or H.265.

Just wondering why DaVinci free would play the 265 and not the 264 or could it be a Mac issue since I just did an upgrade?

265 and 10-bit are newer, it's where the engineering investment is taking place. 264 is largely in maintenance and support at this point, so when the industry started to move to 10-bit the $$ went to 265 codec development.

When 10-bit spread from the professional niche to general use, it was widely implemented in the current codecs actively in development – h.265, ProRes, etc. – while legacy codecs, starved of engineering spending, get updated if at all later.

Reactions: Pstik
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michalis