DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Pro to Air 3

ufgatorvet

Reactions
I've compared the specs between the two, and am wondering if anyone else is thinking of moving from Mini 3 Pro to Air 3?

My disappointments with the Mini 3 have only been a few:
1. Flight distance is sometimes spotty (and therefore I find I don't trust that it won't disconnect from the controller). Seems to unpredictably disconnect.
2. Obstacle avoided seems limited - another trust issue
3. Unsteady in strong windy days (for me) so don't fly

Anyone have a sense if the A3 would solve these for me?

Let me know if anyone else is considering moving to A3 from the Mini 3 Pro and why?

Thanks

I also have the Mini 3 Pro but bought the Air 3 at 9:01 am this morning, a minute after launch, LOL.
I'll keep my Mini. The only problem I've had are occasional focus issues, but she's quite steady in the wind and has great flight time, unlike my old Air 2s. Unless money is no object, I don't see a need to upgrade for the casual flyer.

I've compared the specs between the two, and am wondering if anyone else is thinking of moving from Mini 3 Pro to Air 3?

My disappointments with the Mini 3 have only been a few:
1. Flight distance is sometimes spotty (and therefore I find I don't trust that it won't disconnect from the controller). Seems to unpredictably disconnect.
2. Obstacle avoided seems limited - another trust issue
3. Unsteady in strong windy days (for me) so don't fly

Anyone have a sense if the A3 would solve these for me?

Let me know if anyone else is considering moving to A3 from the Mini 3 Pro and why?

Thanks
The 2T4R setup on the RC2 controller made me look twice, as did the fact that this controller retails for about £350 as a standalone unit.... As compared to the RC PRO (2T2R) which still sets you back an eye-watering £800+. I'm genuinely impressed with the thinking behind the dual camera gimbal and to me: this seems to be the choice to replace my old(?) Mavic 2 Pro regardless of the fact that both cameras are fixed aperture.

What I don't understand is the pricing: the MA3 weighs in at almost £1400. At that level I might be tempted to fork out a bit more and go for the Mavic 3 Pro.

Truthfully I think the Air 3 would solve all of your listed concerns. I too have a Mini 3 Pro and love it. Focus issues have been a problem for me as well but still a great little packing bird.

The new sensor on the Air 3 is pretty darn nice.

Just remember you will be losing the flexibility of sub-250g regulatory magic. This is especially painful for Americans going abroad with fevered dreams of aerial photography.

Keep the Mini3P. and save for the A3. Wait a bit, and the Mini3P will get support on the RC2.

I also have the Mini 3 Pro but bought the Air 3 at 9:01 am this morning, a minute after launch, LOL.
I'll keep my Mini. The only problem I've had are occasional focus issues, but she's quite steady in the wind and has great flight time, unlike my old Air 2s. Unless money is no object, I don't see a need to upgrade for the casual flyer.
oh yes defo, the air is much stronger in wind as its more powerful and weighs more

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_