DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Pro to Air 3

There are many reasons to jump to the Air 3 but the camera is not one of them, as they result with the same sensor are very similar, but the Air 3 is a more stable drone that offers the slight edge as well as the better battery life.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain, Land on the Water.

There is rumored to be an Air 3 s in the works. If true may be worth waiting for. Some rumors pan out others do not.

“I will not give you counsel, saying do this, or do that. For not in doing or contriving, nor in choosing between this course and another, can I avail; but only in knowing what was and is, and in part also what shall be.” - drone pilot Galadriel.

I myself will wait and see if a new air model is in the works.

So can anyone recall an instance where there have been photos and brief videos of a purported new DJI model and there wasn’t one?

So can anyone recall an instance where there have been photos and brief videos of a purported new DJI model and there wasn’t one?
I can recall plenty of instances of fakes and hoax rumours.
Most rumours are just that.

The word “mini” can have several meanings. Wind is the first on the list in my little brain.
Props would be number two.

I own and use both the Mini 3 Pro and the Air 3, and like them both. There are many instances where the A3 endurance, more stability in wind, better communication with the RC2 remote and 3X camera are VERY useful. Other times, the Mini 3 Pro is easy to carry around, easy to set up, less noisy, less obtrusive and of course under the weight required for registering the drone. Plus, the camera rotates for portrait shots. Useful for things like waterfalls. I am on a 6 week trip on the Oregon Coast and glad to have used both drones. I do mostly still photography and both cameras do a great job. But if I could have only one, it would be the Air3. Check specs on both drones and view videos that compare the two. Both drones are stable enough to shoot waterfalls at 1/2 second shutter speed. Attached is from the Mini 3 Pro. Yes, the MAVIC camera has a bigger sensor but with today's incredible post production software, I am not sure sensor size is as important as it used to be. Many may disagree.

Attachments

• DJI_0003-2-2.jpg
    DJI_0003-2-2.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 30
I can recall plenty of instances of fakes and hoax rumours.
Most rumours are just that.
lol. I asked for specifics about any time when there was video and pictures of a rumored DJI model that did not come to pass. I believe we saw these “leaks” before the mini 4 pro as well as discounts on the mini 3 pro.

I'll call it "Brick" to draw more attention to this issue with DJI. It's a small attempt, but what else can I do to express my frustration?
The Auto Calibration did not work with the last update, it got broken and it bricked quite a few Air 3 , if you could revert back to the older firmware you might get the Auto Calibration to work saving your drone with the repair you did.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain, Land on the Water .

I own and use both the Mini 3 Pro and the Air 3, and like them both. There are many instances where the A3 endurance, more stability in wind, better communication with the RC2 remote and 3X camera are VERY useful. Other times, the Mini 3 Pro is easy to carry around, easy to set up, less noisy, less obtrusive and of course under the weight required for registering the drone. Plus, the camera rotates for portrait shots. Useful for things like waterfalls. I am on a 6 week trip on the Oregon Coast and glad to have used both drones. I do mostly still photography and both cameras do a great job. But if I could have only one, it would be the Air3. Check specs on both drones and view videos that compare the two. Both drones are stable enough to shoot waterfalls at 1/2 second shutter speed. Attached is from the Mini 3 Pro. Yes, the MAVIC camera has a bigger sensor but with today's incredible post production software, I am not sure sensor size is as important as it used to be. Many may disagree.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brettprice