DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 with RC-N1 remote: RC signal interference

OldGuy

Reactions
I am flying my new Mini 3 from a hill high above open land and keep getting a “RC signal Interference” message on the Fly app (Tripltek tablet)!? I assume that it means that the Ocusync 2.0 signal is suffering some kind of Wi Fi interference? As I am over open countryside at a height of 100 m I would be surprised that this is the case! Anyone have similar experiences or a possible explanation?

Sometimes, railroad signal equipment and even the trains can cause come interference on the 2.4 ghz band. I have noticed some of their equipment is strong enough to make even my Apple CarPlay disconnect from my car's infotainment system when I drive by the signals box. I do use rail access roads a lot to get to remote spots. Even our trains use radio to control locomotives from the front to the rear of a kilometer long train.

So the point is, either perhaps a nearby railroad? or some other remote electronics that does a long haul signal in the area? It may not be immediately apparent. Even reservoirs have equipment to measure the water level and transmit it to a point to connect to phone lines for internet back to the water authority.

Reactions: a2tomm
Sometimes, railroad signal equipment and even the trains can cause come interference on the 2.4 ghz band. I have noticed some of their equipment is strong enough to make even my Apple CarPlay disconnect from my car's infotainment system when I drive by the signals box. I do use rail access roads a lot to get to remote spots. Even our trains use radio to control locomotives from the front to the rear of a kilometer long train.

So the point is, either perhaps a nearby railroad? or some other remote electronics that does a long haul signal in the area? It may not be immediately apparent. Even reservoirs have equipment to measure the water level and transmit it to a point to connect to phone lines for internet back to the water authority.
No railways nearby in fact I am in the countryside so nothing around for miles! I am beginning to think that it is a false signal. Thanks for your reply.

I am flying my new Mini 3 from a hill high above open land and keep getting a “RC signal Interference” message on the Fly app (Tripltek tablet)!? I assume that it means that the Ocusync 2.0 signal is suffering some kind of Wi Fi interference? As I am over open countryside at a height of 100 m I would be surprised that this is the case! Anyone have similar experiences or a possible explanation?
If this is a regular location, boot the drone and controller, open the menu (3 dots top right corner of the screen) tap the transmission tab. This will give you a visual graph representation of what kind of transmission traffic your radio link is encountering. The drone defaults to 2.4ghz. If you're getting amber or red peaks on this frequency, manually select 5.8ghz. If the graph is consistently low and green: all good to go, just don't expect the same range and penetration. Just because you can't see any obvious cause, doesn't mean that there is no 2.4ghz frequency saturation. The signal graph is one of the most useful.... and most under-used tools you've got in the DJI box of tricks. Happy flying.

POST SCRIPT
Don't forget to engage airplane mode on any device you use as the flight screen.

Last edited:
Reactions: smokin747
If this is a regular location, boot the drone and controller, open the menu (3 dots top right corner of the screen) tap the transmission tab. This will give you a visual graph representation of what kind of transmission traffic your radio link is encountering. The drone defaults to 2.4ghz. If you're getting amber or red peaks on this frequency, manually select 5.8ghz. If the graph is consistently low and green: all good to go, just don't expect the same range and penetration. Just because you can't see any obvious cause, doesn't mean that there is no 2.4ghz frequency saturation. The signal graph is one of the most useful.... and most under-used tools you've got in the DJI box of tricks. Happy flying.

POST SCRIPT
Don't forget to engage airplane mode on any device you use as the flight screen.
Thanks for the reply. I will look into Transmission in the Fly app but if I remember correctly I always have it set to auto. My remote is fitted with an Alientech 2.4 GHz booster so next time out I will try switching from Auto to 2.4 GHz and see what happens! Thanks again.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1