DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Wrap

I understand the draw of wraps. But do you really want to add anything that adds unnecessary weight to a small drone? The Mini 3 with stubs for legs is going to cry for some sort of lift or leg extensions. Reason would have it that any extra weight requires more power to keep up in the air. Ergo less flight time due to more battery drain. How much would such a wrap weigh?

I get the concern, but we are talking minimal weight here and I seriously doubt it would make much of a difference. If I had to guess it would be less than 100 Milligrams if that. Besides, If you are going to fly with the extended battery, you will be over the 249 Gram limit anyway, so not really an issue.

Reactions: Torque
I enquired with the folks at Wrapgrade and they told me they plan on releasing some wraps for the mini 3 soon after they get their hands on one.
Love Wrapgrade. I have Celeste Blue on my M2 and it is beautiful. Wrapped the controller in the 3D Black Camo.
Mini 1 and FPV are wrapped in DecalGirl skins.
I have a couple dozen drones from old Blade drones, to 3DR, Yuneec and 6 DJI drones - never noticed any difference in flight times by adding a wrap. Can't imagine how they'd impact flight time - maybe 15 seconds shorter?
(I always find it funny on the FB groups that it is often the guy with a GoPro strapped to the top of their drone who complains a skin would shorten his flight time due to increased weight or wind resistance...LOL).
I fly in Seattle skies which are remarkbly the same color as DJI drone grey most of the year. A skin helps with VLOS (within reason - after a few hundred feet all bright colors appear as "dark" against the sky). But if you've ever lost a drone - a bright color will help you find your rig much faster in a tree or brush.

Reactions: KLRSKIR
I get the concern, but we are talking minimal weight here and I seriously doubt it would make much of a difference. If I had to guess it would be less than 100 Milligrams if that. Besides, If you are going to fly with the extended battery, you will be over the 249 Gram limit anyway, so not really an issue.
If it’s that lightweight it sounds fun. I just wish the DJI would offer an orange colored drone similar to
Autel offers.

Reactions: Torque
Although I don't have any of my other dozen DJI drones wrapped I did cave and got the same Decalgirl War Tiger for my FPV. But I am looking at wrapgrade to do some of my Air 2ss and Mini 2s. I have heard very good things about the wrapgrade skins.

Reactions: KLRSKIR and Torque
For those looking at Wrapgrade - if you order directly from them in Japan, the shipping cost is as much as the skin. However Wrapgrade has opened an Amazon store, so free shipping for Prime members. Supply is limited at times, but it will save you that expensive international shipping.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrock