DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 4 ipad Up To The Task?

Steelgtr

Reactions
My mini 4 is struggling a bit with the mavic mimi/ Fly App. Some have said the mini 4 is dated and while it works great with Go 4 and Litchi that it's not powerful enough for the new Fly app/drones?

True?

bob

My mini 4 is struggling a bit with the mavic mimi/ Fly App. Some have said the mini 4 is dated and while it works great with Go 4 and Litchi that it's not powerful enough for the new Fly app/drones?

True?

bob
i would get a warning that the cpu was full and flying would be compromised on the i pad mini 4 that i had.
i have replaced this with a i pad mini 5 now.

Thanks, Do you think Litchi will be less CPU intense?

Litchi won't work with the Mavic Mini at the moment, so your stuck with DJI Fly.

Yes the Ipad Mini 4 is getting a bit old, but it's probably the fault of DJI Fly and it's bloat as they add more features haphazardly.
  • histogram
  • overexposure warning
  • grid lines
  • video subtitles
  • cache when recording

Litchi won't work with the Mavic Mini at the moment, so your stuck with DJI Fly.

Yes the Ipad Mini 4 is getting a bit old, but it's probably the fault of DJI Fly and it's bloat as they add more features haphazardly.
  • histogram
  • overexposure warning
  • grid lines
  • video subtitles
  • cache when recording

When Litchi supports (soon), is it less CPU intense even when using the histogram, etc?

When Litchi supports (soon), is it less CPU intense even when using the histogram, etc?

For what I've understood Litchi maybe be more efficient programming, I've never had to turn off any functions when using Litchi

Got Litchi installed on the mini 4. Quick test seemed smoother and no CPU error. Anyone else?

bob

I'm new to DJI. I bought MA2 and have 5 flights all using mini 3 iPad. I get CPU warning sometimes prior lift-off but flight goes OK. Should I be worried? Do I need to spend lots more money to get latest mini iPad? Hope not...

I'm new to DJI. I bought MA2 and have 5 flights all using mini 3 iPad. I get CPU warning sometimes prior lift-off but flight goes OK. Should I be worried? Do I need to spend lots more money to get latest mini iPad? Hope not...

Should be ok, just make sure you have all the superfluous DJI Fly features turned off (e.g. cache when recording) and shut down any other apps running

Got Litchi installed on the mini 4. Quick test seemed smoother and no CPU error. Anyone else?

bob
That won't help with the MA2 until DJI releases the SDK for the MA2, and Litchi is able to create a version of Litchi to support it. That's likely still many months away!

Should be ok, just make sure you have all the superfluous DJI Fly features turned off (e.g. cache when recording) and shut down any other apps running
Thank you for quick answer. What is Litchi? Is that a control app for DJI? Is it 3rd party?

Thank you for quick answer. What is Litchi? Is that a control app for DJI? Is it 3rd party?

Litchi is a paid alternative to DJI G04, which has better way-point functionality
It doesn't currently work with the Mavic Air 2. but hopefully in the future when DJI releases the MA2 SDK it will.
The latest Litchi beta has support for the Mavic Mini but I don't think it will be able to support waypoints as the method of sending these through to the AC are not in the SDK

Last edited:
Reactions: GadgetGuy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Manzo