DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MINI 4 launch date confirmed

The email did not mention a Mini Pro 4 or other specific product. But given the tease, line it may be a new Mini model. Here's the entire relevant content.

Screenshot 2023-09-19 212919.jpg

Reactions: BigAl07
How about a new mini action camera? DJI does more than drones. They constantly add new photography apparatus. I saw nothing in the email suggesting a new drone.

How about a new mini action camera? DJI does more than drones. They constantly add new photography apparatus. I saw nothing in the email suggesting a new drone.
I mean, they literally teased us with a picture of the oblique angled obstacle avoidance sensors/cameras right at the top of the email, and the tagline was "Mini to the Max".

Unless they have another product called Mini that needs collision avoidance sensors, I'm fairly certain they're referring to the rumoured Mini 4 Pro.

We'll find out, I guess, at 9am EDT on the 25th.

I have seen it brought up before in other threads.
DJI is very much “Apple Like” when it comes to branding, packaging and other what nots.
Frankly the marketing is quite amazing how they push the teasers out.

Reactions: rjwmorrell
Given the last DJI survey I filled out that was obviously asking people about how important 360 video is to them..... maybe a new Mini series with a 360 view capability?
Or perhaps a new camera added to their Osmo series.

Given the last DJI survey I filled out that was obviously asking people about how important 360 video is to them..... maybe a new Mini series with a 360 view capability?
Didn't they already put a 360 panorama mastershot mode in the Mini 3 Pro? Still, I think where you're going. We already know from earlier leaks the Mini 4 Pro has the same camera, so I wonder if they'll have more automated shot modes for that kind of thing?

Didn't they already put a 360 panorama mastershot mode in the Mini 3 Pro? Still, I think where you're going. We already know from earlier leaks the Mini 4 Pro has the same camera, so I wonder if they'll have more automated shot modes for that kind of thing?
I think this would be different, not a 360 panorama, but 360 view... like on the action cameras out now. You can then adjust your point of view any time during the flight/video. In that survey I was talking about DJI was asking things like "If you had to decide between a 360 camera and a drone shot, which would you pick". Maybe they are going to offer both, with a 360 view drone? Just total speculation on my part, but based on those survey questions.

Reactions: rjwmorrell
I think you're right. It's probably a 360 camera.

Download the picture , brighten it , and surprice it is a mini drone , 360 degrees is i believe OA.
Great idea. It does indeed appear to be a drone. I am thinking the sensor is part of the omnidirectional avoidance system for the mini 4 pro.

I didn't catch their live reveal, but the chosen YouTubers have their review videos out now and it is indeed a new drone, the Mini 4 Pro.

Alex Harris' review seems to think it's got a better out of the box dynamic range than the Mini 3 Pro, for better image quality.

Reactions: Jack in Dixie
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boonaga