DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 4 Pro Decals

GMAN007

Reactions
I recently commissioned an industrial graphic designer and custom decal / printing studio to create an array of M4P “instructional-symbol” icon stickers (for lack of a better description). What is interesting about these decals are the “passive” reflective properties of the vinyl film manufactured by 3M (Scotchlite 5100R).

The “Reflective”vinyl works by bouncing light back to the original source. The “nut” are the colors look like normal vinyl decals. But under a flashlight beam, the decals will look like they are lit up from within. The brighter the light, the brighter the glow (reflection)!

The downside of these decals are the adhesive properties — which are strong compared to the easy lift “off and on” decal skins from WrapGrade Japan and/or DecalGirl (for example).

I plan to make a short product run in different colors. I created these decals for fun to help an “old fart” like me to remember to “pivot” or “swing” out the motor arms, or visually remind me the correct placement of the propeller holder strap and/or do a quick check to ensure the battery cell is fully “clicked & locked” into the chassis.

I also have “blank” reflective shapes positioned in certain areas just in case I have to search for a “downed” drone in a field at night :) Ultimately I plan to render a full reflective “panel” for the main top and bottom portion(s) of the chassis. If anybody is interested in these decals — let me know. I will be more than happy to forward the printing studio (source) for purchase. Safe Flying !

Attachments

• tempImageARhQIY.png
    tempImageARhQIY.png
    9.5 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_8741 2.jpg
    IMG_8741 2.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_9328.jpg
    IMG_9328.jpg
    992 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: mavic3usa and AeroJ
These are cool, I see why they can be effective. I sorta do the same but I use plain colored dots, like you would be red/blue/green/orange/yellow or 100 to a page. And I stick those dots in key areas to remind me of the key functions. Looks good!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobpop