DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MINI 4 Pro - Low Light Test

Does the mini pro 4 have the "night mode?"

That looks really good for ISO 1600. Did you compare to night mode or a lower ISO?
I did... Night mode is only 8 BIT so much less dynamic range and shadow detail. Lower ISO has less noise but less shadow detail. HLG which is 10 BIT, has much more dynamic range and shadow detail and seems to be very good for night video, but requires grading.

I did... Night mode is only 8 BIT so much less dynamic range and shadow detail. Lower ISO has less noise but less shadow detail. HLG which is 10 BIT, has much more dynamic range and shadow detail and seems to be very good for night video, but requires grading.
Thanks Pete. That's my conclusion with night mode too. HLG is the way to go for night and low light video.

Thanks Pete. That's my conclusion with night mode too. HLG is the way to go for night and low light video.

Causes the obvious question, so what's the point of night mode then? Why not just advise the user to shoot HLG for low light?

Causes the obvious question, so what's the point of night mode then? Why not just advise the user to shoot HLG for low light?
For me, and the lighting conditions I've flown in, night mode didn't provide the best dynamic range as Pete explained. Night mode might work for some under different lighting scenarios or locations. Just have to experiment.

With Night Mode there is much less work to getting a final video (not needing to color grade for instance). Some just want to point and shoot, which Night Mode allows you to do.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman