DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 4 Pro over heating

Only inside, not humid but still warm. Main pack is underneath.
For ten minutes won’t hurt the drone.
This obviously if no fan available.
Mini 4 Pro has no internal fan so overheating and shutting down is a problem.

I still would not do that. BUT thats just me. Phantom rain is correct BUT my luck works the opposite If there is one glob of water large enough to damage my drone - It will find its way inside lol. I always use a couple of the USB powered fans when my drone is stationary and needs to be switched on.

I still would not do that. BUT thats just me. Phantom rain is correct BUT my luck works the opposite If there is one glob of water large enough to damage my drone - It will find its way inside lol. I always use a couple of the USB powered fans when my drone is stationary and needs to be switched on.
Will do the same but until then, ice is nice lol
If wrapped in a tea towel will reduce any condensation.
I fly my drones up rivers and close to waterfalls, probably gets wetter that way.

Reactions: Cafguy
“If wrapped in a tea towel will reduce any condensation.
It’s the temperature gradient that causes the issue and a tea towel won’t change that. Condensation forms on the warmest side of a cold surface. The same happens when you step into a car on a cold day and your radiated body heat allows condensation to form on the inside of the windscreen.

I find that the best way to avoid overheating on my mini 4 pro is to place it inside my refrigerator a few minutes before I power it up. It still communicates with the controller and never overheats.

Despite the fact that the Mini 3 and Mini 4 are the worst drones to fly in th Rain, condensation will not hurt the drone in any way shape or form.

Regardless, a small desk fan will do the job, have the opposite side-effect, eliminating the concern.

The thread is more about keeping the drone cool while doing firmware updates. The larger Mavic drones have a temperature controlled internal fan, which is sufficient to prevent overheating while doing updates. I live in a hot environment and will usually use a desktop fan to keep air moving over the airframe during an update.

The Mini 4 does have a fan - in fact, four of em.
As Red_Pyro said, just turn on the motors - both sticks down and toward center.

The Mini 4 does have a fan - in fact, four of em.
As Red_Pyro said, just turn on the motors - both sticks down and toward center.

Two issues with this: Risk of injury, and I don't think you can update the firmware with motors running.

Reactions: Dumeinao
Looks like Droning is correct - tried it yesterday, didn’t work. 🥺

But this did: Set the drone outside on porch rail, in the shade, facing westerly breeze. After update, drone was only slightly warm. 😊

Reactions: Dumeinao
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spencergotty