DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 4 pro plus battery storage

so not to stir the pot but, I read somewhere this guy flies a fully charged battery, then charges only to 60% for storage after flight. Then fully charges before next flight. What's wrong with this picture? I'm guessing not a complete cycle of the battery. It just seems to be a waist of a cycle by fully charging then letting it sit 10 days to discharge.

That's a very acceptable way to manage your battery fleet. The key is the Storage Charge and then doing a FULL Charge when you expect to fly soon. If you think you could be flying the next day etc, many of us will FULLY charge all of our Flight Batteries to be ready for a day of flying. Suddenly the weather isn't cooperating or LIFE gets in the way and you can't/wont fly. Just leave them and let them self discharge to 60%.

No wasted cycle or anything like that at all.

I'm learning a lot about these batteries from you guys. I guess I need to trust DJI. They have served me well for almost 15 years.

15 years? The original Phantom 1 was released 2013. If you've been flying, consistently since the original Phantom 1, this knowledge should be 2nd nature by now.

So I don't fly much. Maybe once or twice a month. (M4P)
Should I purchase the Hanatora charger to keep the batteries at 60% most of the time?
Do you guys still leave the batteries on this charger unattended? I am hesitant leaving Lithium batteries on their own on a charger without supervision...

That's a very acceptable way to manage your battery fleet. The key is the Storage Charge and then doing a FULL Charge when you expect to fly soon. If you think you could be flying the next day etc, many of us will FULLY charge all of our Flight Batteries to be ready for a day of flying. Suddenly the weather isn't cooperating or LIFE gets in the way and you can't/wont fly. Just leave them and let them self discharge to 60%.

No wasted cycle or anything like that at all.

15 years? The original Phantom 1 was released 2013. If you've been flying, consistently since the original Phantom 1, this knowledge should be 2nd nature by now.
I didn't fly the Phantoms very much for whatever reason. They sat around most of the time. Believe it or not, it wasn't until the last few years I started flying on a regular basis. Also BigAI07, I think that's the way I'm going to manage my batteries. That, I think will work for me. It sounds like it won't adversely effect the cycling of the batteries. Thanks so much

Reactions: BigAl07
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne