Join Us Now

Mini 4 Pro video pulsing / stutter

rgbmaster

Reactions
Hey, on my recent drone video I've noticed that the video pulses :(

Here is my vid:

Unedited: Dropbox
Color graded: Dropbox

I've noticed that the video pulses, it's more visible in the beginning.

Recording settings:
60fps; 1/120 shutter; iso:200; dlog-m; H.265
SD card: SanDisk microSDXC Pro; A2; V30

What can cause this? It it camera defect? SD card v30?

What can cause this?
There is a clue here in that it appears to happen once per second. That would usually indicate some sort of frame rate mis-match in your workflow somewhere, like for example if true 60 FPS had been forced down to 59.94 at some point, or vice versa. And yet if it appears in the original as well, right off the camera, that would appear to rule that out as a reason.

It's particularly worrying to me to read posts like this - I had this problem (except 10x worse) on my Yuneec Typhoon H under certain conditions, and 2 yrs worth of investigation and research by me, forum help and Yuneec themselves never found the answer for why that was happening. In the end I had to dismiss it as a faulty camera sensor and move on to another solution, which I very much hoped would be the M4P. I have not seen any sign of it yet on mine, thank goodness, but I dread the day it first appears !

What has been your workflow so far for grading this footage and exporting it ? What app / program are you using ?

Just computer performance shenanigans.
Plays very hitchy with my PC in power saving mode which is likely what you see, in normal/performance mode it's buttery smooth.
Also the fact the source has metadata for being vertical video doesn't help, the video itself is actually landscape but the computer has to rotate it at playback time.

So basically don't worry, the video is fine, once you've edited it and exported it in a format that's more easily playable it'll be better.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshpro