DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mini a little unsteady after v01.00.0500 update

TA147

Reactions
Flew for the first time yesterday since doing the update, all good, no motor errors as others have reported. It did however seem to have a bit more drift when hovering i.e. it wouldn't hold a subject firmly in the frame, but would oscillate by a small amount side to side. Not windy. Seems like it didn't do that before the update. Anyone else seen this? Or am I just now noticing something that was actually normal behaviour before the update?

Welcome to thr forum.
Mine has no issues after the update so far and flys great.
I always recalibrate everthing after doing one.( Lots say it
isn't necessary but I always have) Maybe try that and see if it helps.

Welcome to thr forum.
Mine has no issues after the update so far and flys great.
I always recalibrate everthing after doing one.( Lots say it
isn't necessary but I always have) Maybe try that and see if it helps.

Yeah good point - I did calibration immediately after the update at home, but it didn't ask me to do one when on location. Maybe will do one next time whether it asks or not!

Yeah good point - I did calibration immediately after the update at home, but it didn't ask me to do one when on location. Maybe will do one next time whether it asks or not!
I’m talking IMU.Not just compass.

Reactions: TA147
Always after the update everything must be calibrated including the gimbal and the control unit. Whether the app asks for it or not, I always calibrate

I calibrated both IMU and compass after the update (didn't think about calibrating the gimbal). Haven't come across any errors in any of my flights.

Flew for the first time yesterday since doing the update, all good, no motor errors as others have reported. It did however seem to have a bit more drift when hovering i.e. it wouldn't hold a subject firmly in the frame, but would oscillate by a small amount side to side. Not windy. Seems like it didn't do that before the update. Anyone else seen this? Or am I just now noticing something that was actually normal behaviour before the update?
Calibrate, IMU, Gimble, gps. Even if those say normal, If your having some issues, its a few minutes out of your time to re calibrate things. If that does not work change props out.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scott911