DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini climbing on it's own

Jeramie C

Reactions
My mini will just start to climb during flight. Anyone else having a issue? Can the ground sensors be turned off on
Mavic mini se?

Give it a stick calibration see if that helps,,nothing obstructing the sensors (plastic sticker) ,,
I haven't tryed to turn mine off yet but presume you can,edit,,,no,,,just looked,,cant be turned off,,,also do imu calibration,,might help

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this at lower altitude or high up? If it's lower than 10-15 feet I would chalk it up to the ground sensors if the climb is not extreme.

I know it's a very late reply but if you still look at the forum can you post the flight log for this please?

My mini will just start to climb during flight. Anyone else having a issue? Can the ground sensors be turned off on
Mavic mini se?
Do a IMU calibration and compass calibration. If that doesn't work, get a small amount of masking of duct tape and stick it on the sensor. Be careful as the drone won't know it's exact altitude.

Last edited:
Do a IMU calibration and compass calibration. If that doesn't work, get a small amount of masking of duct tape and stick it on the sensor. Be careful as the drone won't know it's altitude.
It is not strictly corrrect to say that "the drone wont know it's height", your are correct in that covering those sensor will disable VPS and landing protection etc..
However the mini series primarily uses a barometer to determine height and it is this height that is displayed in the app.

It is not strictly corrrect to say that "the drone wont know it's height", your are correct in that covering those sensor will disable VPS and landing protection etc..
However the mini series primarily uses a barometer to determine height and it is this height that is displayed in the app.
Thank you for the feedback. I have edited my comment to use this info! Thank you so much.

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000