DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini Mavic blow out over the ocean in Delaware, a mile out.

I wouldn’t want an anemometer on my drone. There are already apps to give anyone that info as discussed elsewhere on the forum.
it is not needed - it is a computational element and it is already in the DJI data set. at least in the mavic 2 model, but i think they did not alter autopilot code too much for mavic mini.

Thank you all that responded with this.

Apparently information I read convinced me that the mini was allowed to go over 400 feet.

What's clever about making it 249 grams then? Just so you don't have to pay $5.00 and/or write an FAA number on it? That's STUPID.

I'm not likely going to buy another one then. What a waste. Seems like the non-registering is just for people that want to break the rules then.

Anyone want to buy 2 new batteries, charger, case and controller? I seriously am bummed out right now and might get rid of them.

And go into making racing drones instead.

I'll be honest, I've taken it up to 1,640 feet several times on calm evenings and it's amazing how far I was able to see. Yeah, I guess I just admitted to breaking the law. It was truly unknowingly and if the FAA is going to come after me for this, then they got way too many employees and time on their hand.

Sharing it, just to show, there are people like me that don't know.

Seems wrong that I can shoot model rockets high and I think my brother can fly himself in his powered paraglider to 1000 feet.
I need the batteries if you got them?

Reactions: pelagic_one
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topcomons