DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini Models and Hardware Differences

FranticPlus

Reactions
Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows if there were more than one (hardware) version of the Mavic Mini.
My first Mini had a manufacturing date of July, 10 2020 which was replaced by my insurance this year with a (refurbished???) model that was manufactured on the Nov 18th, 2019.
I was just wondering if there was any hardware changes/improvements over this period and if I was done in by the replacement?
Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Akward59
@FranticPlus the battery door was modified from the first versions on the inside where there are some mouldings that seem to locate round the battery when the door is closed i have a first gen version and my flying buddy has the updated version ,its a very small difference ,and i believe it was an attempt to keep the batteries latch locked in the event of a hard landing,as the actual door is just a cover, the battery has its own latch arrangement,in over 100 flights i have had no issues with the battery coming unlatched

Thanks for the update...could you perhaps send a pic...I suspect my shell has been replaced due to refurbishment.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael N