DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini modifications

1_SkyDrone

Reactions
I naturally have begun thinking ? about adding motor covers, strobe lights, landing gear etc. I know the added weight means time to register the aircraft but no problem there. 1) anyone have any good looking registration number label tricks? I don’t want to hand write a number on the aircraft and the old dymo labels seem a bit amateur.

2)Can anyone guide me to where the best accessories can be purchased and reputable?

Thanks in advance for suggestions ?

I've used a small 5mm high Dymo label on the flat bit above the SD card inside the battery cover for my UK CAA ID. On my bigger Hubsan H501S and all my fixed wing planes it's on the bottom of the fuselage on 11mm labels, but there isn't really a suitable space on the Mini and my labels don't stick well to the textured plastic. Not sure what the requirements are in your area, but for the UK the official rules are:
Your operator ID must be visible from the outside, or within a compartment that can easily be accessed without using a tool, clear and in block capitals taller than 3mm, secure and safe from damage and on the main body of the aircraft.

Reactions: 1_SkyDrone
I've used a small 5mm high Dymo label on the flat bit above the SD card inside the battery cover for my UK CAA ID. On my bigger Hubsan H501S and all my fixed wing planes it's on the bottom of the fuselage on 11mm labels, but there isn't really a suitable space on the Mini and my labels don't stick well to the textured plastic. Not sure what the requirements are in your area, but for the UK the official rules are:
Your operator ID must be visible from the outside, or within a compartment that can easily be accessed without using a tool, clear and in block capitals taller than 3mm, secure and safe from damage and on the main body of the aircraft.
Thank you, I’ll do a bit more research on types and requirements.

I highly recommend the labels from aerial-pixel, they look professional and are very durable...

I highly recommend the labels from aerial-pixel, they look professional and are very durable...

Excellent thank you ?

Thanks very much for your tip, but it's ok, they are a floating fit. They're not tight.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev