DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini ND filters work on Mini 3 Pro

tiparoch

Reactions
Anyone know if older M.Mini ND filters have any chance of fitting on Mini 3 Pro? I am quite sure I know the answer but...thought I would try to find out. Many Thanks

The way those clipped on almost certainly aren't going to work like you said. The entire new lens system is far more robust on the Mini 3 Pro and involves a twisting off the housing of the stock clear lens and then we will have to replace the housing with one that contains the ND glass. It almost certainly means we all have to buy new filters, but those filters will NEVER be at risk of falling off which could be a thing with the Mini 1/2/SE design if you had low quality filters or weren't very careful installing the filter.

Reactions: tiparoch
They might not be too useful even if you did manage to make them fit.
f/1.7 vs f/2.8 lens so 1.5 stops more light.

Ultimately means you're likely to need an ND32 at the lowest to follow the 180 rule for video.

ND4/6/16s arent going to be dark enough on the mini 3 in daylight.

They might not be too useful even if you did manage to make them fit.
f/1.7 vs f/2.8 lens so 1.5 stops more light.

Ultimately means you're likely to need an ND32 at the lowest to follow the 180 rule for video.

ND4/6/16s arent going to be dark enough on the mini 3 in daylight.

that's something I didn't consider and I'm glad you pointed it out. I preordered the polarpro nd filters (due in July) for the mini 3 pro and the set is 8/16/32 and I did it primarily because I wasn't really pleased with the option from DJI (also unavailable for now to order) which is a set of 16/64/256. I felt 64 was used rarely by me (maybe bright sun on snow or very, very bright beaches) and 256 was more about artistic motion blur of water so 8/16/32 seemed more useable. now I'm wondering if a set of 16/32/64 might have been a better option but I don't think that exists yet.

I think this may catch people out, the extra light means darker filters.

If you look at the "Sample footage" thread in here its got links to still images - those are showing shutter speeds in excess of 1/2000th on a sunny day.

Thats going to take 5-6 stops to reduce to about 1/60th for 4k/30.

Thats an ND32-64 on this lens.

It would have been an ND8-ND16 on the 2.8 lenses on previous models.
DJI 16/64/256 offering looks a lot more thought out than Polar Pro currently who look like without factoring in the lens just decided to release their normal product line.

Bonjour
Moi je ne parle ni ne lit d'anglais, tout est traduit directement à l'ouverture. j'ai commandé la série 16/64/256 pour 25€ fdp compris, je les attend dans 10 jours.A+patc45 de France!

Reactions: tiparoch and Torque
Bonjour
Moi je ne parle ni ne lit d'anglais, tout est traduit directement à l'ouverture. j'ai commandé la série 16/64/256 pour 25€ fdp compris, je les attend dans 10 jours.A+patc45 de France!
Et je ne parle ni ne lis le français, mais Google Translate est mon ami.
Bonne chance avec vos filtres ND !

Bonjour
Bonjour. Je pense que vous avez acheté le meilleur; ND 16/62/256. La caméra est si sensible. 25 euros ! Très bon prix. Bonne chance!

Bonjour
Oui il est plus que nécessaire pour une ouverture 1.7 qui commence à être très lumineuse, de réduire l'entrée pour avoir des vitesses d'obturation convenables pour filmer. Pour la photo c'est une autre formule !
A +patc45 de France bonne journée.

Anyone know if older M.Mini ND filters have any chance of fitting on Mini 3 Pro? I am quite sure I know the answer but...thought I would try to find out. Many Thanks
UPDATE: old filter on Mini 3 Pro- cannot fit, no way , no how... New DJI NDs , 16/64/256 , at first test, actually seems pretty darn good.

Bonjour
Vous les avez déjà reçu? les miens ne sont pas encore partis, je suis impatient de les recevoir car l'ouverture 1.7 même en photo réglé sur iso 100 avec du soleil c'est 1/8000. A+patc45 de France!

Bonjour
Vous les avez déjà reçu? les miens ne sont pas encore partis, je suis impatient de les recevoir car l'ouverture 1.7 même en photo réglé sur iso 100 avec du soleil c'est 1/8000. A+patc45 de France!
Bonjour C'est va? Oui, j'ai eu hier, pour une raison quelconque, DJI était rapide ! Très bien! Mais la portée pourrait être meilleure. Seulement 16/64/256. Peut-être plus 32 et 128... mais en fait ça pourrait aller. Très bon pour les photgraphs. Une très bonne chose est qu'ils s'enclenchent dans l'appareil le camera de manière très sécurisée. Je pense que vous aimerez.

Got my DJI brand Mini 3 ND filters, They are quite nice... though I wish there was a bit more range... but actually may be just fine. I saw Ali sells ND 8/16/32/64... hummm The 8 is kind of useless I think. 32 and a 128 would be nice. I tried on a very bright day and actually the 256 is useful. If around snow on a bright day, essential. Best part is they snap into the lens, much like the Mavic 2 filters. Overall 9/10 .

Got my DJI brand Mini 3 ND filters, They are quite nice... though I wish there was a bit more range... but actually may be just fine. I saw Ali sells ND 8/16/32/64... hummm The 8 is kind of useless I think. 32 and a 128 would be nice. I tried on a very bright day and actually the 256 is useful. If around snow on a bright day, essential. Best part is they snap into the lens, much like the Mavic 2 filters. Overall 9/10 .
Is there any noticeable colour cast when using DJI’s ND filters?

No...no colour cast.... I sadly didnt snap any test shots(thought I did but just checked ...I didnt). Im in a big city so I cant fly it yet, was just out on balcony. Adjusting brightness with each on, and it looked nice. Next time will take some tests if you are interested.

Reactions: Flashheart
No...no colour cast.... I sadly didnt snap any test shots(thought I did but just checked ...I didnt). Im in a big city so I cant fly it yet, was just out on balcony. Adjusting brightness with each on, and it looked nice. Next time will take some tests if you are interested.
No need, just glad to hear there isn’t any colour cast as it’s a nightmare to properly remove - especially magenta.

Reactions: tiparoch
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803