DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini video question

Old John

Reactions
Mini help needed re video management.
I've been downloading from Mini to phone so I can edit but...what is significance of pop up asking if I want to save as 720 or 1080,when I've recorded in 2.7K?
Apologies if this has already been queried. Couldn't find it.

I can't answer that accurately...so rather than give you information that may not be entirely correct I will leave that to someone who does know this stuff ...but it brings up a question that came to my mind........you do the editing on your phone?...Isn't that kind of difficult, compared to doing it on a computer?...which I believe would allow you to transfer at 1080?...I am not challenging you...it is just that I have a hard time using my phone for anything other than phone calls...and not even very good at editing on a desk top

Reactions: Brian I
I can't answer that accurately...so rather than give you information that may not be entirely correct I will leave that to someone who does know this stuff ...but it brings up a question that came to my mind........you do the editing on your phone?...Isn't that kind of difficult, compared to doing it on a computer?...which I believe would allow you to transfer at 1080?...I am not challenging you...it is just that I have a hard time using my phone for anything other than phone calls...and not even very good at editing on a desk top
Yes, via phone only and it's awkward.
I cannot seem to download to my GD Mac desk top.

DJI editor for smartphone is limited to 1080p, if you want more you need another editor (don't know if there is 4k editor for smartphone) or transfert files on computer to work with your favorite video editor.

Mini help needed re video management.
I've been downloading from Mini to phone so I can edit but...what is significance of pop up asking if I want to save as 720 or 1080,when I've recorded in 2.7K?
Apologies if this has already been queried. Couldn't find it.
I am not sure whether Apple's iMovie would create the 2.7K output or not in the iPhone.. I never edit video on a portable device, its generally somewhat limiting, unless you were using an iPad or tablet, you have a very small screen for editing. There are of course a number of other video editing apps on the App Store, however have no familiarity and they could cost you in some way for full functionality.

It's far easier to transfer your videos from the SD card to your computer either by USB or a USB SD card reader and edit them there and have more options and controls to work with your video and perhaps more performance than editing on a portable device.

I am not that good at it...at all..... but I just remove the mini SD card..put it into an adapter and just stick it into one of the portals on a Windows 10 desktop ..and use the Pictures program to edit it a bit...not fancy but easy for someone like me to use and get the job accomplished ....if you don't have an adapter you can get a 32gb mini sd card with adapter at Micro Center for about 4 dollars...for a MAC you will have to buy a lightning connector to sd card reader which is about 20 to 25 dollars ...

I am not that good at it...at all..... but I just remove the mini SD card..put it into an adapter and just stick it into one of the portals on a Windows 10 desktop ..and use the Pictures program to edit it a bit...not fancy but easy for someone like me to use and get the job accomplished ....if you don't have an adapter you can get a 32gb mini sd card with adapter at Micro Center for about 4 dollars...for a MAC you will have to buy a lightning connector to sd card reader which is about 20 to 25 dollars ...
The Mac does not need a lightning connector adaptor of any kind to connect a SD card reader, most Mac's with some laptop model exceptions perhaps, have have a standard USB Connector that will with the proper cable. connect to the drone to transfer data, or with any USB Card reader that supports a Micro SD or SD card adaptor will work to transfer files to one' s computer. And any Mac with the appropriate cable USB-C to USB-C perhaps would also transfer data from the drone.

The only place a lighting cable or some other lighting related adaptor might be needed is if you were trying to connect an SD Card reader to perhaps an iPad.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thomas B
Above is false... based on my 3years editing videos and images after transfer to my aging iMac

Reactions: MARK (LI)
Ok...so he just needs a regular SD card reader and the adapter for the mini sd so it will go in the reader...the only Mac I have is an Ipad...I didn't catch where he said it was a desktop...I didn't think they had any usb ports...He just saved $20!

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest