DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini Wifi connection

Ralle

Reactions

I know the Mini doesn't need an Internet connection on the fly. does my phone need to have Wi-Fi enabled? Can I fly without wifi connection? sorry confusing question
sad.gif
google translator

I know the Mini doesn't need an Internet connection on the fly. does my phone need to have Wi-Fi enabled? Can I fly without wifi connection? sorry confusing question
sad.gif
google translator
No and you should preferrably disable Wifi to avoid interferences with the remote and therefore range issues.

Reactions: Ralle
No need enable your phone wifi
The wifi connection is just between remote controller and aircraft

A bit off-topic, but close.

I use an iPhone7+ with no SIM card with my controller so when I disable WIFI I lose the Google Map window (no way to get the Google Map data) so my workaround is to tether the iPhone7+ with no SIM to my cell phone via Bluetooth. This works fine and I don‘t notice any interference to the drone.

I use airplane mode. As mentioned above the needed WiFi is supplied by the controller.

i use airplane to minimize interferences, though there is a bug with DJI Fly app on samsung devices that when switching to airplane mode buttons for photo and video on the RC stop working and you cannot change flight mode on the app, only workaround being restart of the app...so in case you have such issue, have it in mind, it might be better not to switch to airplane but manually switching off mobile, bluetooth and wifi, or switch to airplane mode before opening the app with enabled wifi and bluetooth and after app start manually switch them off....

A bit off-topic, but close.

I use an iPhone7+ with no SIM card with my controller so when I disable WIFI I lose the Google Map window (no way to get the Google Map data) so my workaround is to tether the iPhone7+ with no SIM to my cell phone via Bluetooth. This works fine and I don‘t notice any interference to the drone.
You should still have the map window, it just won't have any terrain data unless you cached it first using internet. It should still show your flight path and a line between AC and HP.

i use airplane to minimize interferences, though there is a bug with DJI Fly app on samsung devices that when switching to airplane mode buttons for photo and video on the RC stop working and you cannot change flight mode on the app, only workaround being restart of the app...so in case you have such issue, have it in mind, it might be better not to switch to airplane but manually switching off mobile, bluetooth and wifi, or switch to airplane mode before opening the app with enabled wifi and bluetooth and after app start manually switch them off....

Are you sure ?

I'm not suffering that button issue/bug when flying my Mini with Samsung Galaxy A40 (android 9) at airplane mode.

R.

I don't use Airplane mode - as it also kills phone & mobile data - but I do turn off WiFi and Bluetooth services. That helps with battery life in the phone because it's not looking for WiFi or Bluetooth services to connect to.

Are you sure ?

I'm not suffering that button issue/bug when flying my Mini with Samsung Galaxy A40 (android 9) at airplane mode.

R.
it is on exynos processor so far that I have seen, but it was also reported on other forums on other brands like sony, so probably it is not only that.... If you don't have it better for you...i have it every time

Reactions: raulmavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twentytree