DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini2 - Subtitles for telemetry info

Ian UK

Reactions
I got quite excited just now when I read on this forum that if you watch a video from the drone, you can turn on subtitle and see the telemetry info on the screen.
Wow!
So I tried it with a couple of the MP4s from the drone, and there are no subtitles available. Big shame, I was looking forward to that!
Has anybody else got telemetry as subtitles? Maybe it is only available on the bigger and more expensive models.
I certainly haven't seen any option in the setting to turn it on or off.

It's available on the MM1 I'd be surprised it's not on the MM2.

Be sure you havd it turned on. I'm pretty sure It is off by default. If it's off, it won't get recorded.

Also the subtitle channel has a weird label so some apps might not see it. I think I had difficulty with VLC.

Reactions: sikspy
Thank you DanMan2.
Well that is encouraging, I will go through the settings again and see if I can find it.
Where is that setting? With all the other video settings?
I use VLC and windows media player, both have option to display sub titles if they exist.

Ha - I didn't know about that setting. You have to set the shoot mode to VIdeo, then go into Camera Settings and it's right there. All my previous .mp4 files have the subtitles when I turn it on in VLC.

Didn’t know that one. The best part of this forum is the things you learn.

OK, got it! I don't know how I missed that tick-box. It was ON anyway.
So I persevered with the settings on VLC and eventually got the subtitles to appear in decent size font.

I couldn't get the subtitles to appear in window media player, So I'll stick with VLC for now.

So to conclude this question : Telemetry can be displayed in the subtitles of a video.

The following information is displayed:
Aperture, Shutterspeed, ISO, EV, Zoom, longitude, latitude, #sats, Distance, Height, Horizontal speed, Vertical speed

Thank you for your encouraging remarks to get me here!

Just an FYI: DroneViewer allows you to playback your videos while simultaneously watching your Mini2's telemetry in graphs, maps, and displays

drv_dji_mini2.jpg

Reactions: EyesWideShut
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka