DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mis-stitch on 360?

basyok

Reactions
Hi,

I've shot hundreds of 360s on my mavic Air 2, and have been very excited to shoot full 360s on my new mini 3 pro. However, on almost every 360 I have shot with it, there is at least one minor mis-stitch, but often several major ones.

I seem to remember a post about this issue somewhere here, but I can't find it now. I guess it's possible that it's due to the wind - it has been pretty windy the last few days, but I'm just curious if this is actually an issue or not.

In any case, i plan to do a better quality stitch job once i get home.

I've found it to be the wind. No wind = perfection. Wind = forget about 360
I actually had it not get past 2% today due to probably windy conditions and the software just giving up and froze on every attempt.

I actually had it not get past 2% today due to probably windy conditions and the software just giving up and froze on every attempt.
Fair enough 🤷🏻‍♂️

I never use the drone-generated panoramas, preferring to stitch at home where I have more control. I have noticed that gusty conditions results in many parallax errors as the drone shifts position. Windless or a nice steady wind gives better results.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661